My Korean Food Fave: Bibimbap!!

Bibimbap | HipFoodieMom.com

Bibimbap is one of my all time favorite Korean food dishes. Not only does it expose you to a lot of popular, delicious Korean side dish vegetables (banchan), but it’s also filling and healthy.  Bibimbap is a signature Korean food dish. Along with Bulgogi or Galbi (Korean grilled marinated beef or short ribs), it’s probably the second most popular Korean food dish, known, eaten and recognized by many people. Bibimbap literally means “mixed rice”.  It is served in a bowl with rice and topped with bulgogi (or another protein option), sautéed and seasoned Korean vegetables and gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) and you simply mix everything together in your bowl just before eating.

When KitchenAid reached out to me and asked for a KitchenAid® slow cooker Bibimbap recipe, I was both excited and intrigued. Excited that they were asking me for a Korean food recipe and intrigued because now I had the opportunity to really explore beef! When creating slow cooker recipes, I was always about pork. I know how to slow cook pork. But with beef, we’ve mainly stuck to marinating it or using a dry rub and then grilling it.  That needed to change. And I’m so glad KitchenAid gave me this challenge because I ended up with this. .

Bibimbap_noegg | HipFoodieMom.com

The slow cooked beef in this recipe is to die for so good. .  click here to get the full recipe over at KitchenAid’s Blog, The Kitchenthusiast. I’m hoping you give this Korean food dish a try!

Cheers!

Bibimbap2 | HipFoodieMom.com

11 Responses to "My Korean Food Fave: Bibimbap!!"

1. Jane Y.

December 12, 2013 at 10:30 am

i love bibimbap too. it’s one of my favorites. and so neat that kitchenaid did reach to include a korean recipe. woot woot! so awesome!

December 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I know, right?! I love that Korean food is kind of trendy now and more popular. . bout time because it’s so delicious!!

2. Alana (hungry & fit)

December 12, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Love love love, I could ABSOLUTELY eat this every day.

December 12, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Alana,
      Me too. . and it’s really not hard to make at all. . just takes some planning and time! :)

3. Alice

December 13, 2013 at 12:26 am

Beautiful photos, beautiful food and such a lovely recipe. Bulgogi is one of my all time favourites and when winter time hits, I’m going to try the slow cooker method. No doubt it’s amazing!

December 13, 2013 at 7:07 am

Thank you so much, Alice!! Let me know if you try it! :)

4. Angie

December 14, 2013 at 3:21 am

I love bimbimbap! Its so quick and easy to make.

5. Angie

December 14, 2013 at 3:24 am

This looks so good! I love bimbimbap especially because it is so quick and easy to make!

6. Pingback: Korean Mixed Rice with Sashimi | Hip Foodie Mom

7. Pingback: Spicy Korean Grilled Chicken | Hip Foodie Mom

8. Pingback: Recipe: Bibimbap Tacos — Recipes from The Kitchn | allrecipes180.com