Easy Sheet Pan Baked Cod! Have a healthy and delicious dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and with minimal effort.
The spring break bug has hit me and I’m so ready to go somewhere and for spring! It’s 66 degrees outside right now and glorious. The kids have their spring break in April. . April?! I’ve never heard of spring break being in April but ours is in April. So, alas we have another four weeks or so until then.
I know it might not seem this way but lately, I’ve had no desire to be in the kitchen. I just want short, easy, no fuss meals .. and healthy, or at least healthy-ish! We’ll be eating this way for the next month or so.
Easy Sheet Pan Baked Cod
Truth be told, I’m not the biggest fan of cod. I do love good black cod recipe. What is difference between cod and black cod? Black Cod is a white and fatty meat, with a velvety texture and buttery flavor. Regular Cod meat is white and flaky, but firmer and leaner. Both have a mild flavor like most white fish. One of my favorite restaurants to grab sushi back in Madison, Wisconsin had a great Miso Black Cod recipe that was so good! I’ve found some recipes online and need to try that soon!
In the meantime, I got some cod in my latest Butcher’s Box delivery and so this sheet pan dinner happened. I hope you give this a try!
Easy Sheet Pan Baked Cod
- 4 cod fillets pat dry with a paper towel
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil extra virgin
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Herbes De Provence
- salt and pepper
- lemon slices
- black olives
- marinated artichoke hearts optional
- fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil, or both. Arrange the cod fillets on the baking sheet and add the broccolini, asparagus and tomatoes around the cod.
- Drizzle olive oil over everything and then season the cod with the following: lemon pepper seasoning, smoked paprika, Herbes De Provence and then season everything with salt and pepper. Add some lemon slices and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on how thick your cod fillets are). Do not over bake the cod! If you are unsure, bake for 12 to 15 minutes only.
- Remove from the oven. Add the black olives, marinated artichoke hearts and garnish everything with the fresh parsley. Squeeze some lemon over everything and enjoy while hot!
Chef Biraj says
I love the grilled cod recipe, As a chef always I recommend it. Great to know. Thanks for the nice posting.