Lemon Olive Oil Yogurt Cake. . a light, moist and incredibly flavorful cake. This cake goes wonderfully with coffee!
My awesome mother came into town last week to help watch the girls while I was out of town. It’s great now connecting with her and seeing her with my girls, her granddaughters, and talking with my mother now that I am a mother too. We can connect on so many more levels now and since we don’t live in the same state, seeing her and spending time together is always cherished.
Initially, right after I had Phoebe, it was “how do I do this?” and “this happened. what do I do?” but now that my mother is getting older and my girls are a little older so I’ve learned a little bit along the way, I try to take care of and do things for my mother as much as possible.
My mom loves a good cake. Especially in the morning with some tea. Cake that’s not too sweet and moist and flavorful. This cake is it. This Lemon Olive Oil Yogurt cake was so good. And my mother loved it.
The good people at MightyNest sent me this fabulous Simax glass bundt pan and some other fabulous stuff and I got to baking. I used to be in a baking group where we baked bundt cakes every month. Yes, every month. But it’s been a while . . so I felt a little rusty and wanted some insurance.
This is a brand new non-stick coconut oil spray from Pompeian. It’s fabulous and my Lemon Olive Oil Yogurt Cake came out perfectly.
I hope you try this cake . . it’s light and delicious!!
Lemon Olive Oil Yogurt Cake
- non-stick baking spray
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, beat together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Once combined, pour in the olive oil and beat again on low speed.
- In a separate large sized mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, and salt. Keeping the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet and beat on low until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool for a good 20-30 minutes before inverting and removing from the bundt pan. Serve, slice and enjoy!
MightyNest is an online retailer with a great mission: to provide natural, organic, and non-toxic products to parents who seek products like this for their home while also giving back to schools. This is what I loved and why I want more people to know about MightyNest.
Everything they sell is selected with the highest standards for safety and quality. Glass and stainless baking gear and food storage. Green cleaning supplies. Natural bath products, and other home essentials. And everything is selected to be free from known toxic ingredients such as: BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Lead, Formaldehyde, flame retardants, Parabens and more.
And get this: anytime you order from MightyNest, they’ll give 15% back to the school of your choice. It’s a great way to be healthier and support your local school. So, here your chance to win some great products from MightyNest and they will donate $100 to the winner’s school of choice. Here is what you can win: the Simax glass bundt pan, a Chemex glass coffeemaker with filters, glass mugs and a tea towel. Retail total: over $100.
Enter here and good luck:
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Pompeian’s Blogger Ambassador Program and Pompeian Pantry Insiders. I was compensated for this post and as always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands that I love, use and support.