Double Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Doughnuts! Baked doughnuts with a hint of pumpkin flavor and Nutella swirls and more chocolate hazelnut spread on top. So good and they are baked so you can eat more than one!
It’s November you guys and I hope you’re not sick of pumpkin yet. Frankly, this is the month where my seasonal cravings kick into high gear and it’s all seasonal all the time. I think it’s because of all the brainstorming, preparation and testing that happens for Thanksgiving.
So, I couldn’t let November go by without baking you something fabulous. . something that I am going to bake again when my sister’s family and parents are here for Thanksgiving. My mother likes the subtly sweet desserts but my dad, me and my sister like the full-on sweet treats. These Double Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Doughnuts are incredibly easy to make and serve as a great sweet treat, either in the morning or afternoon, while I have a packed house and kids running around everywhere.
The key to these baked doughnuts are, of course, the pumpkin . . and the Nutella.
My pantry was stocked with baking goods from ALDI and I went to work! If you like pumpkin + Nutella, you really need to try these doughnuts . . they are life changing. Cakey, pumpkin-y, chocolate hazelnut goodness. And because I swirled the Nutella in the doughnut batter and spread some on top, you get double the yum. I hope you enjoy!
Double Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Doughnuts
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 heaping cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup Nutella slightly melted + more for spreading on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray your doughnut pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside. Using a large sized mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and the butter. After it comes together, add in the vegetable oil, the olive oil, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk. Whisk together until all combined.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until just combined. Add in the Nutella into the batter and swirl with a fork just a little. Do not fully incorporate; you want to see the Nutella swirls in your doughnuts.
- Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the pumpkin doughnut part comes out clean. Let the doughnuts cool for about 10 minutes before inverting and letting them cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, if desired, spread more Nutella on the tops of the doughnuts. Enjoy immediately.
This Thursday I fly to Chicago to attend a Test Kitchen event hosted by ALDI. We’re going to be learning about Sensory Pairings by Sensory Expert Gail Vance Civille and Certified Master Sommelier Leslee Miller. They will be hosting a joint food and wine pairings presentation and demonstration designed to explore why particular foods and wines pair well, and why others do not, based on our senses. We’re going to participate in tasting demonstrations with seasonal items that you can find at your local ALDI.
Leslee will provide guidance and tips on how to taste wine, what notes to look for, advice on how to pair wine with food and is going to conduct a blind tasting while Gail will focus on the science behind why and how certain flavors are tasted, how those flavors work with each other and the overall sensory experience that occurs when eating food and drinking wine. Throughout the presentation, we will be guided through a lesson on how to construct a holiday dinner menu with complementing flavors and wines from appetizers to desserts. I’m so excited!!
After the Sensory Pairings Session, all of the food bloggers there will take part in a build-your-own holiday menu challenge where we will be placed into teams to sample a variety of pre-prepared ALDI holiday recipes (appetizers, main course, and desserts) and then, we’re going to create a holiday dinner menu of our own! I can’t wait! If you want to follow along, follow me on Instagram or Twitter.
I can’t wait to share everything I learned and maybe even a recipe or two! Do you already have your holiday menu planned? If so, what will be on your holiday table? I’d love to hear!
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with ALDI’s Holiday Blogger Ambassador Program. This is a sponsored post. As always, all opinions expressed here are 100% my own.