Pumpkin Molasses Cookies!! Perfectly chewy and delicious Pumpkin Molasses Cookies! Made with pumpkin, cinnamon ginger and molasses, these are the best cookies ever! Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside!
After that first taste of the best ginger snap cookies ever, these cookies have made an appearance, or several, over the holidays here at my house. And this year, I added some pumpkin puree because, well, it’s October and I’m all about pumpkin right now. Pumpkin in my mac and cheese, in my doughnuts, in my waffles, on my savory tarts and more.
It’s also the time to remind you about a fabulous organization called Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer was founded by two OXOnians (OXO employees) who were inspired by their son Liam’s battle with pediatric cancer, a disease which claims the lives of more children in the United States than any other disease. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer provides inspiration and support to allow anyone to easily get involved in fundraising to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
In the month of October, OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post dedicated to this campaign (up to $100,000*).
So, today, I am sharing these delicious, perfectly chewy Pumpkin Molasses Cookies. Filled with cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin, molasses and everything good, these cookies are seriously incredible. You guys have to try these cookies! I will be baking these for the next three months for sure.
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar + more sugar for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses full flavor
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Special equipment suggested:
- OXO Good Grips medium cookie scoop
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment or your hand mixer, cream together the shortening and sugar. Add the egg, molasses and pumpkin. Mix together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet molasses mixture. Mix until combined.
- Using your OXO medium cookie scoop, scoop out tablespoon sized cookie dough balls. Dip and roll in the sugar and then place on baking sheet. Press down each cookie dough ball slightly and bake for about 12-14 minutes, rotating your baking sheet after 8 minutes.
Look for specially marked OXO products with this sticker at participating retailers this month! Want to learn how you can get involved beyond buying a OXO stickered product? Click here to learn more.
Where can you find OXO & Cookies for Kids’ Cancer on social media?
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. I am supporting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, which is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research. *In 2015, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through product proceeds, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts.