Baked Salmon with Spicy Citrus Dressing. Roasted salmon with a delicious, slightly spicy, citrusy dressing, served over fresh spinach and arugula. So good!
If you watch my Instagram stories, you know I just made a Chinese Chicken Salad yesterday for lunch. The dressing is made up of some ingredients you might question and you might wonder, what was she thinking, but it’s really good.
I had some leftover and drizzled it over my salmon and this made for a very delicious and delightful lunch today.
How Do You Cook Your Salmon
This is an ongoing debate on what really is the best way to prepare salmon. En papillote, poached, slow roasted, sous vide, pan seared, broiled, baked, steamed, grilled and more! Fortunately Food 52 just recently published this article that you guys should check out.
I’m always wanting my food a little faster, especially when it comes to salmon so I roast mine at 425. This has always worked for me but I definitely want to try en papillote method with salmon.
I know we can’t really do this now but when we are able to stay and shop a little longer, have conversations with people again at the grocery store, be sure to ask your fish monger for recommendations and recipes. This is how I made my Grilled cod in foil recipe we love.
Have some cod? Try this baked cod with olive topping!
Baked Salmon with Spicy Citrus Dressing
Salmon with Spicy Citrus Dressing
For the salmon
- fresh salmon filet
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chile lime seasoning blend optional; from Trader Joe's
- fresh arugula and baby spinach or other salad blend
- orange wedges
- green onions finely diced
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce I used the Thai Kitchen brand
- 1 tablespoon Korean hot pepper paste gochujang
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep and line a baking sheet. Pat your salmon filet gently with a paper towel. Lightly drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and the chile lime seasoning blend if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon filet.
For the dressing:
- Whisk together all of the ingredients. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Set aside.
- To serve: plate your cooked salmon on a bed of the fresh arugula and baby spinach. Drizzle the dressing over the top and garnish with some finely diced green onions. Serve with orange wedges if desired. Enjoy!