Cinnamon Sugar Cinnamon Rolls made with Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread! These cinnamon rolls have an extra layer of goodness! You have to bake these!
This recipe and post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
October is one of my favorite months! We are in Fall, the leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cooler and my oven is on all the time.
There’s something about the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls in your kitchen. For me, the process of making cinnamon rolls is one that I love. Working with active dry yeast, seeing the dough double, sometimes triple, in size and watching those glorious cinnamon rolls bake in the oven.
I particularly love a gooey cinnamon roll with lots of cinnamon and butter!!! Today, I’m so excited to share my Cinnamon Sugar Cinnamon Rolls made with Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread! These cinnamon rolls have an extra layer of goodness because I spread a layer of this absolutely delicious cinnamon sugar butter spread in my cinnamon rolls and then I top this goodness with a cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg blend! All of my favorites for Fall!
Cinnamon Sugar Cinnamon Rolls
This Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread is seriously good on everything! Spread this on toast, a bagel, or you can skip the cream cheese frosting on these cinnamon rolls and spread this on top! So good!
Don’t let Fall pass you by without making these Cinnamon Rolls, enjoy!
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast (or 1 packet)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour + more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 container (6.5 oz.) Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar; sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, place the yeast and sugar into the bowl. Slowly pour in the warm water and stir together gently just a few times. Let sit until the yeast has doubled and is puffed and foamy on top, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the melted butter, warm milk and egg, and stir to combine. Add in the flour, salt and vanilla. Using your stand mixer again, knead the dough with the dough hook until the dough is smooth and forms a ball, for about 6 to 8 minutes. I start out using a low setting on my stand mixer and then go to just a slightly faster setting for just a little as the dough beings to form a ball. The dough will be very sticky but that's ok.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place onto a lightly floured work surface. Use a little flour if the dough is really sticky to help you shape into a ball and place into a large greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap, and then with a kitchen towel (or two). Let the dough rise in a warm area for at least 1 hour or until doubled in size. I like to leave my bowl next to my oven.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and nutmeg. Generously grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside. Remove your dough from the bowl and place onto a lightly floured work surface. Make sure this is a surface you can cut on, as you will be slicing the rolls later.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle shape. Spread the Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread evenly over the dough and then sprinkle on the brown sugar cinnamon mixture over the entire top.
- Starting with the bottom end, pull the edge up and over the filling and carefully roll the dough into a log, like rolling a sleeping bag; trying to keep it as tight as you can, while gently working with the dough.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the log into evenly sized pieces and place the rolls into your prepared baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, for about 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for just a few minutes before spreading on the frosting.
- Combine the cream cheese, Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and whisk together until smooth and well combined.