How to Host The Best Cheese Fondue Party with Emmi Fondu! The best cheese fondue from Switzerland! Mix it up in a fondue pot with bites for the kids, roasted and raw veggies and more! There’s something for everyone to enjoy!
April 11th is National Cheese Fondue Day! Yes, it’s real and it’s fabulous! If there was ever a day to get your friends and family together, it’s for cheese fondue.
Because, come on. Just look at these fondue ideas.
I love hosting parties. I get this gene from my father. I remember my parents always having people over and entertaining. We’d always have a ton of food and people would be playing games, talking, laughing, eating and just having a great time.
When I entertain, I usually plan the menu first. Is it going to be a dinner party, are we doing it potluck style, what’s the food theme of the night? All of these exciting things start racing through my head.
For appetizers or munchies, I like to keep it relatively simple. There’s usually a lot of other things to focus on so if there’s a way to make my time in the kitchen shorter with something that I know will taste delicious, I go for it.
Enter Emmi Fondu. This cheese fondue isn’t new to me. I’ve written about this delicious fondue here and here. Whenever we have cheese fondue, we buy this. Emmi Fondu is cheese fondue from Switzerland. It gets its authentic taste from the premium Swiss cheese that they use and they also add wine and spices for a truly original fondue experience.
You seriously have to try these fondue ideas! And they’re so easy to make!
I love cheese but my love for cheese fondue might be stronger. There’s just something about dipping bread and vegetables into rich, dreamy, creamy goodness.
It’s pretty amazing.
So, this year for National Cheese Fondue Day, get your girlfriends together, invite friends over, or have your family friends over with all the kids .. everyone is welcome because there’s something for everyone! And remember, fondue is a fun party meal for special occasions, but it’s also a great weeknight appetizer or meal for the family. Not to mention it might get your kids to eat their vegetables!
I love making pigs in a blanket. The kids can dip these guys into the Emmi Fondu and have so much fun devouring their food.
I also love roasted vegetables, in addition to raw. It’s so easy to throw some veggies in the oven to bake while you’re prepping everything else. So, next time, try roasted asparagus or roasted potatoes with your cheese fondue. YUM. So good!
MORE DIPPING OPTIONS
- Cooked ham or turkey
- Grilled beef or chicken
- Roasted mushrooms
- Boiled new potatoes
- Chunks of pineapple or pears
- Baby carrots
- Boiled shrimp
- Steamed broccoli or cauliflower
- The dipping options are endless!!
MY TIPS FOR A FONDUE PARTY
- If you’re going to host a large fondue dinner party, have more than one small fondue pot, or one large one fondue pot
- Make sure there are enough skewer sticks for everyone
- Save some time and cut/prep a lot of the food the night before. Store in zip top bags in the refrigerator.
- Arrange all of the food on a large platter or use wood cutting boards
- Keep it fresh and colorful
- Never underestimate good ole raw veggies; have a good variety
- Make sure there are bites of food for everyone to enjoy
- While dipping, continue to stir the cheese with your skewer; dip, swirl and lift and have some fun!
So, who’s in for April 11th?! Be sure to stop into your local grocery store and pick up some Emmi Fondu! You can find my fondue ideas in the specialty cheese section!
How to Host The Best Cheese Fondue Party
- 2 to 3 packages Original Emmi Fondu
- bread cubes
- raw bell peppers cubed
- raw cherry tomatoes sliced in half or left whole
- raw zucchini sliced
- raw mushrooms sliced
- roasted asparagus
- pigs in a blanket; see recipe link above
- crackers any type
- Open bags of Emmi Fondu and pour the fondue into your fondue pot or pan. Bring the fondue to a boil and keep stirring until smooth. When ready, carefully transfer your fondue pot to your fondue stand, or a pan of hot water to keep the cheese fondue warm.
- Arrange all of the food, crackers, vegetables and everything else on wood cutting boards or large platters or plates with the cheese fondue in the center and enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Emmi Roth USA, Inc. All opinions stated here are 100% my own.