Emmi Fondue: Celebrating National Cheese Fondue Day with Emmi Fondue!
Do you fondue?
Did you know that this classic Swiss meal has its own holiday?! April 11th is National Cheese Fondue Day. . yes, it’s true! Time to fire up the fondue pots for food, fun and good times. To celebrate, Emmi Roth is sharing their must-know fon-DO’s of fondue – everything from tips for when you dip to the new ways to do fondue.
Be A Delightful Dipper
While fondue is all in good fun, there are a few basic guidelines to follow in consideration of other guests.
- Skewer like a pro. Be sure your food is secured to your fondue fork or skewer before dipping to avoid losing it in the cheese.
- If you missed the first step and drop your dipper into the fondue, Swiss tradition says a woman must kiss the person next to her, and a man must buy a round of drinks for everyone!
- Perfect your twirling and swirling. It is polite to make one to two small swirls before removing your food.
- Resist the urge to double dip!! Food that has been bitten should never return to the communal pot.
- Be a little adventurous by tasting everything you are served.
- Sample before salting. Fondue is already seasoned with spices and wine, so it might be perfect just the way it is. If you do add salt, make sure you do it after you’ve tasted the fondue.
It’s all in the details. These simple suggestions will ensure that you keep it classy, but still casually cool, when indulging.
- Wait your turn. Allow one person to dip at a time and proceed in a clockwise or counterclockwise fashion around the table. Or, if you’re like me, just go for it when you see a break in the rhythm.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Dip larger pieces and then cut them into smaller bits on your own plate.
- A moment on the lips is frowned upon. Your fondue fork or skewer should never directly touch your mouth. Transfer your food to your plate before indulging.
- Let it cool. Never blow on freshly dipped hot food. Avoid splatters and allow your food to cool slightly on your plate.
The New Way to Fondue
Fondue is always fun in its traditional form, but these new takes offer creative ways to enjoy the cheese and make it more accessible for everyday meals.
- Fondue is a fun party meal for special occasions, but also a great weeknight meal for the family. Not to mention it might get your kids to eat their vegetables.
- It’s great to pay homage to this Swiss dining tradition, while being creative.
- Feel free to add your own twist!
Emmi’s Original Fondue comes in a ready-made pouch so it’s simple to prepare and always a success. There’s no recipe! The cheese, wine and spices are all in the bag. All you need to do is pour the contents of the bag into a fondue pot and heat until bubbly. The authentic taste of Swiss fondue made easy and ready to use. I like to enjoy my fondue with bread, apples, dried fruit and vegetables.
So, are you ready to fondue?
Enter the giveaway below and win SIX boxes of Emmi’s Original Fondue!! That’s a lot of fondue and sure to be enough to host your own fondue party! Enjoy!
(open to residents within the United States only)