My husband and I have been happily married for 8 years. Happily married because we have basic relationship guidelines and principles that we follow. Never go to bed angry after an argument, go on a date night at least once or twice a month, saying I love you every morning, managing our money wisely, supporting each other in everything that we do and honoring the Super Bowl.
Yes, friends, the Super Bowl is sacred. He gets the kind of food he wants and I get to watch all of the commercials.
Super Bowl food. It’s real y’all. And important. You gotta have good eats. Good eats just make the game better. . especially if your team is loosing.
Now, I’ll always have a vegetable platter of some sort and all the Clancy’s chips we can eat and dip and all that good stuff but more importantly, manly game day grub, like pizza, burgers and my husband’s favorite: pigs in a blanket will be on the table. And he likes them with a kick so I always make Sriracha honey lime pigs in a blanket.
And the managing our money wisely part? I’ve got that covered because I shop at ALDI. ALDI, where I can buy everything I need, organic dairy and produce included, at half the price. And they have weekly specials all the time. I bought everything for our Super Bowl party from ALDI.
Not sure if you can find gourmet-type foods at ALDI? ALDI has you covered.
Gluten-free? ALDI has you covered.
ALDI seriously has everything you need for your upcoming Super Bowl party so click here to find a store near you. And while you’re at it, be sure to pick up the ingredients below so you can make these Sriracha Honey Lime pigs in a blanket for Super Bowl Sunday!
Sriracha Honey Lime Pigs in a Blanket
For the sriracha honey glaze:
- 3 tablespoons Countryside Creamery unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Baker’s Corner all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Berryhill honey
- ¼ heaping cup Fusia Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fusia soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials red chili pepper flakes optional
For the pigs in a blanket:
- 2 containers 8 oz each Bake House Creations refrigerated crescent rolls
- 48 cocktail-size Parkview cocktail sausages
For the sriracha honey glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute. Stir in the honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice and red chili pepper flakes if using. Bring to a slight boil and let simmer until slightly thickened, for about 1-2 minutes only. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of the crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 2 narrow triangles. Additionally, you can cut into 3 triangles if trying to make more pigs in a blanket.
- Place all of your sausages in the Sriracha honey sauce and toss well to coat. Place a sausage on each dough triangle and roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking. Serve with ketchup, mustard, or other dipping sauces and condiments if desired.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with ALDI. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Some of these items are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in ALDI stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.