Honey Nut Cereal Breakfast Bars made with our favorite cereals! Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch! And they are NO BAKE! So easy to make and delicious! The perfect way to celebrate National Cereal Day!
As a food blogger, you learn about all of these fabulous food holidays you never even knew existed! National Donut Day, National Cheese Doodle Day, National Oreo Day. . yes, it exists! And tomorrow, March 7th is National Cereal Day!
What better way to celebrate than to make these Honey Nut Cereal Breakfast Bars for your family! They are made (mostly) with Cheerios, one of my favorite cereals! 100 percent natural whole grain oats, one gram of sugar, gluten free and they taste great! My kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch (what’s not to love?) so I threw in a cup of that cereal too! Fun and deliciousness for everyone!
These Honey Nut Cereal Breakfast Bars are so easy to make! and they are no bake! so grab some Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and some almonds and get going! Be sure to enjoy these with a big glass of milk! Happy National Cereal Day, everyone!
Honey Nut Cereal Breakfast Bars
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Combine the Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and almonds in a large sized mixing bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Using a small sized saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, honey, salt, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to let boil for about 1 to 2 minutes only, then immediately remove from the heat.
- Pour over your cereal mixture and quickly mix together. Pour into your lined pan, pressing down with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes to one hour), and cut into 12 squares. You can also place into the freezer for about 30 minutes if they are not sticking together or holding their shape when cutting into bars.
Adapted from here.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. General Mills sent me some cereal to enjoy for National Cereal Day. All opinions expressed are mine.