I am now officially in love with bundt cakes. Lord knows what took me so long to come around. . but now that I have seen the light, I’m never turning back. There’s just something so beautiful about them. . only bad thing now is, I will be on the hunt for more bundt pans. . I need at least three more. .
With this newfound love for Bundt cakes, I had to join this awesome group of bakers for Bundt a Month. #BundtaMonth is just what it sounds like. A group of baker bloggers baking a different bundt cake each month. Don’t you just love it? I do. November is Spicy November so I finally got to bake a Mexican chocolate cake. I’ve been wanting to bake one of these for some time now. . it basically has cinnamon and some cayenne pepper for some heat. Gotta love that.
So, here’s my Mexican Chocolate bundt cake with chocolate glaze. . oh yeah. . indulging never looked this good. If you look closely, you can see a few chocolate sprinkles on top. . that was my daughter. She’s fabulous.
I hope you enjoy!
Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze for #BundtaMonth
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 stick 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate finely chopped or use semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
FOR THE CAKE:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour your Bundt pan using cocoa powder, knocking out excess.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over moderately low heat, then whisk in the cocoa. Add the water and whisk until smooth, then remove from heat. Whisk in separately sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Sift together your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt into a bowl, then sift again into cocoa mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into bundt pan and bake until a wooden pick or skewer comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in bundt pan on a rack for about 15-20 minutes, then loosen edges with a knife and invert onto a plate.
FOR THE GLAZE:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, then stir in the heavy cream and confectioners sugar. Add the chocolate and stir, until smooth. Turn off the heat and cool glaze until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over top and sides of the cake and sprinkle the sliced almonds.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com.
Please check out all the other lovely Bundt cakes for Spicy November! This IS quite the list!
Apple Bundt Cake with an Attitude by Deb | Knitstamatic Blueberry Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Anuradha | Baker Street Cardamom Bundt Cake with Rosewater Glaze by Paula | Vintage Kitchen Cinnamon Crown Bundt Cake by Renee | Magnolia Days Ginger Pear Bundt Cake by Holly | A Baker’s House Gingerbread Apple Cake by Lora | Cake Duchess Gram’s Fig Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Glaze by Stacy | Food Lust People Love Italian Anise Bundt Cake by Karen | In The Kitchen with KP Maple Pecan Bundt with Maple Glaze by Jennie | The Messy Baker Blog Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Alice Choi | Hip Foodie Mom Moroccan Inspired Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Ras El Hanout by Laura | The Spiced Life Nutmeg Bundt Cake by Dorothy | Shockingly Delicious Peach and Roasted Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Sugar by Kim | Cravings Of A Lunatic Spiced Dark Chocolate with Cinnamon Glaze by Kate | Food Babbles Spicy Chocolate Bourbon Bundt Cake by Carrie | Poet In The Pantry
Here’s how you can join the #BundtaMonth party:– Bake your Bundt for November following the theme – Spice.- Post it before November 30, 2012.- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read #BundtaMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)- Add your entry to the Linky tool below- Link back to both Lora and Anuradha’s announcement posts.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…