Slow Cooker Spicy Asian Beef Short Ribs – This easy, perfectly salty and spicy beef short ribs recipe is made in your slow cooker!
It seems totally fitting that I whipped out my slow cooker this week. It’s getting cooler here in Wisconsin with temperatures falling fast. I, personally, love it. Bring on the cold weather!
I also absolutely love the smell when you walk into your kitchen if you have something cooking in your slow cooker. There’s nothing like it. And I especially love slow cooking beef because it just falls apart and practically melts in your mouth. So flavorful and so amazing. I mean, come on, just look at this!
THE BEST SLOW COOKER SPICY ASIAN BEEF SHORT RIBS
One thing I’ve learned with cooking with my slow cooker is that if you have good quality meat, you don’t really need a lot of ingredients to get something that’s flavorful and delicious.
Also, this recipe uses one of my favorite Korean ingredients, gochujang. So, if you’re feeling spicy, you are going to love this recipe! Because, believe me, these beef short ribs have some nice heat to them.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SPICY ASIAN BEEF SHORT RIBS
- Beef broth
- Hoisin sauce
- Scallions – diced, with some set aside for garnishing
- Gochujang – Korean hot pepper paste
- Beef short ribs – your choice of bone-in or boneless
- Salt and pepper
- White rice for serving
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SPICY ASIAN BEEF SHORT RIBS
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes to put together! I get the slow cooker set up in the late morning with the beef short ribs and seasonings, allow it to cook to perfection all day, and then make fresh white rice about 30 minutes before I’m ready to serve.
Here’s how to put everything together in your slow cooker:
1. Whisk together the beef broth, hoisin sauce, diced scallions, gochujang and honey all right in the slow cooker. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper on both sides, and nestle into the slow cooker. The gochujang mixture should completely cover your beef.
2. Cover and cook until beef is tender, for about 7-8 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
3. Once finished, transfer the short ribs to serving platter. Skim off any excess fat (if any) from the surface of the sauce, and pour the sauce over the short ribs. Garnish with more diced scallion greens.
Serve the spicy beef ribs over white rice, pouring more of the sauce over the dish if you like.
I hope you give this one a try… it is really delicious!
Looking For More Satisfying Slow Cooker Recipes?
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Best Beef Stew
- Pork Taquitos with Chocolate Mole
- Cheeseburger Chili
- Chicken Parmesan
Slow Cooker Spicy Asian Beef Short Ribs
- ¼ cup beef broth
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 to 4 scallions diced + some for garnish
- 2 tablespoons gochujang Korean hot pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 to 3 lbs. beef short ribs bone-in or boneless
- salt and pepper
- serve with white rice
- Whisk together the beef broth, hoisin sauce, diced scallions, gochujang and honey in the slow cooker. Season your short ribs with salt and pepper on both sides and nestle into the slow cooker ensuring the gochujang mixture is covering your beef.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender, for about 7-8 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
- Transfer short ribs to serving platter. Skim off any excess fat (if any) from the surface of the sauce and pour the sauce over the short ribs and garnish with more diced scallion greens. Serve with white rice.
Give this recipe a try, and leave a comment to let me know what you think!