Best Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting! So simple! This is the recipe I go back to all the time! I hope you try it! Delicious aromas of vanilla and bananas will permeate your kitchen. Perfect banana bread with a cream cheese frosting recipe; never toss out your ripe bananas again!
I love watching movies. It’s like I’m transported to a different place and I can just watch and not think about anything else. If there was one movie that inspired me to cook and bake more, it was Julie and Julia. If you’re a foodie, or fan of Nora Ephron or Meryl Streep, who is definitely one of my favorite actors of all time, you’ve seen this movie. Heck, I don’t know anyone who hasn’t watched this movie. And the fact that this movie is based on a true story about blogger Julie Powell’s 2002 challenge to cook all the recipes in Julia Child’s first book, makes it that much more appealing for me. Anyway, it was this movie. After watching this movie and I’ve watched it over 30 times, maybe more, I fell in love with cooking, baking and being in the kitchen.
Best Banana Bread
There’s something about mixing ingredients together, putting something in the oven and watching something beautiful bake. The smells that fill your kitchen alone are reason enough to bake this. There are a ton of banana bread recipes out there and I’ve tried a lot of them. Banana bread is so versatile. I have developed so many different recipes: Zucchini Banana Bread (yes, zucchini; it’s so good!), Nutella Banana Bread, Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Bread, Pumpkin Banana Bread, Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread, and Avocado Banana Chia Bread.
Traditional Banana Bread
Sometimes, however, you just need a simple banana bread recipe. You can certainly add chocolate chips, or make the cream cheese frosting. It’s up to you! This banana bread is moist and fabulous and the frosting is smooth and creamy, with just the perfect amount of sweetness.
Banana bread with frosting… simply a wonderful pairing! Here’s hoping you never have to toss your ripe bananas ever again! Hope you enjoy!
Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
Best Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk any kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 medium bananas mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional (or chocolate chips)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Mix together the butter and the sugar until combined. Add in the the eggs and whisk until completely combined and the mixture is smooth. Pour in the milk and vanilla. Whisk into the batter until smooth.
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix into the batter. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. (Alternatively, you can whisk together all of the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then add into the wet ingredients). Using a rubber spatula, gently stir, or fold into the batter, until the ingredients are just barely combined and no more flour is visible.
- If adding chopped pecans or walnuts (or chocolate chips), using a rubber spatula, fold into the batter. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and spread the batter to make smooth. Bake for about 1 hour (or until a toothpick or tester inserted comes out dry).
For the cream cheese frosting:
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, Mix the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix again until smooth. Taste and adjust any ingredients if needed. Spread on cooled banana bread and enjoy!