Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls made with ready made organic cinnamon rolls and Stemilt apples! Take your cinnamon rolls up a notch with this sautéed apple cinnamon and pecan glazed topping!
Back in September, I had the great honor and pleasure of visiting Washington again. I used to live there so going back for a visit was a true joy! The trip was hosted by Stemilt Growers and we got to visit an apple and a pear orchard and visit one of their packing facilities.
Stemilt is a family-owned fruit company that’s been in business since 1964. The Mathison family (who we got to meet!) owns and operates Stemilt Growers, and proudly grows, packs, and ships the best apples, pears, cherries, and summer fruits for you and your family to enjoy. Click here to learn more about Stemilt’s history and unique approach to farming, innovation, and sustainability.
The weather was perfect and it was a gorgeous day! We even got to pick our own apples!
In addition to apples, Stemilt also grows summer fruit, cherries and pears! Click here to see a beautiful pear almond tart I made with my Stemilt D’Anjou pears!
Never before have a met a company (everyone from the apple pickers at the orchards to the people in the packing plant to the owners of the company) who cares as much about what they are doing and the quality fruit they are producing, than Stemilt.
From fueling orchards with world-famous compost to providing employees and their dependents with access to a free, on-site health clinic, Stemilt focuses on three areas of responsibility for program initiatives. From Stemilt:
- Social Responsibility Efforts– our employees power our business and help make our fruits famous
- Sustainability at Our Orchards – we must care for the land and natural resources we rely on to grow fruit
- Sustainability in Our Packing Facilities– we must look for efficiencies that ensure Stemilt will be a sustainable business for future generations to come
Their apples are “harvested by hand from August to November, and packed with care most days of the year. Stemilt strives to produce apples with world famous qualities. They want us to enjoy the best tasting apples every time you eat one.”
It’s the holiday season and I have been baking up a storm. One day I decided to kick up my cinnamon rolls a notch and I added a delicious sautéed apple cinnamon and pecan glazed topping!
I kept it simple and baked ready made cinnamon rolls from Annie’s.
Who wouldn’t want a bite of this?!
I hope you give this recipe a try! This would be the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with your family this holiday season!
- 1 package Annie’s organic cinnamon rolls
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 heaping cups apples; peeled and chopped
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups pecans, semi-chopped or pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cinnamon rolls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are on the oven. Make the apple and pecan toppings.
- In medium saucepan over medium low heat, combine the brown sugar, butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until combined and smooth. Add the apples and cook, stirring often, for about 4 minutes, or until the apples have softened.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, combine the brown sugar, butter, heavy cream and salt. Turn heat up to medium heat and stir until smooth. Bring to a slight boil and cook until thickened, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and the pecans until the pecans are well coated.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut tip from corner of icing pouch and drizzle over the top of the cinnamon rolls. Then, top cinnamon rolls with the apple topping and then the pecan topping. Enjoy while warm.
Disclosure: This is not a paid, sponsored post. All opinions stated here are 100% my own.