So, my copy of Savory Sweet Life, the cookbook by Alice Currah, arrived yesterday and I read the entire thing in about two hours. Couldn’t put it down. (yes, I’m talking about a cookbook!) Not only were the recipes approachable and inviting (not to mention all of the gorgeous food photography! Now, THIS is a cookbook.) but Alice also shared a lot of very sweet stories about her family, children, and her father. . this is a heart-warming, makes you smile while you read it, makes you want to get out of bed at midnight and go cook something- kind-of-a-cookbook. I loved it. Everyone needs to go buy a copy right now. And most of these are not lavish, complicated recipes. These are super delicious looking (makes you drool) recipes that you will actually make for your family during the week and enjoy as you eat together!
As soon as I woke up this morning, I knew I was going to make the Peach Croissants. My kids LOVE peaches so we have a refrigerator full of them right now . . and I actually already had all of the ingredients needed for this recipe! If you haven’t baked with puff pastry before, you are in for a treat. Love, love, love puff pastry! If you like these, take a look at the bottom of this post for a Chicken Curry Puffs recipe.
Also, if you can’t get your hands on any good, fresh peaches anymore, peeled granny smith apples, pears, plums and nectarines will work with this recipe as well! Hope you enjoy!
So Easy Peach Croissants!!
- 1 fresh peach
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry; thawed
- Egg wash: 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Sliced strawberries
- Melted chocolate hazelnut butter (or Nutella)
- Confectioners sugar; to dust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit. Slice each peach half into 6-7 slices. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Cut the puff pastry sheet in half vertically and then horizontally so you have 4 equal square pieces. Rotate a square so it looks like a diamond. Place 3-4 peach slices across the center of the diamond from left to right. Sprinkle one-fourth of the cinnamon mixture evenly over the peach slices and the puff pastry. Grab the top and bottom corners and bring them to the center, pinching them together to seal them. Repeat the process with each of the remaining squares.
- Place the croissants on the baking sheet. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the croissants are golden brown.
- To serve: add sliced strawberries, drizzle melted chocolate hazelnut butter and dust with confectioners sugar
Recipe from Savory Sweet Life by Alice Currah
Liked the puff pastry? Click here for my Chicken Curry Puffs recipe!