Delicious Avocado and Tomato Salad! Super easy to make and so flavorful! We’ll definitely be eating this all summer long.
We are in for an extremely hot week. When it’s hot outside, I don’t want to leave the apartment. It’s funny, I grew up in Texas. You’d think I’d be ok with hot weather but I am not a fan of 90 to 100 degree weather. Throw some humidity in there and I am staying inside all day long.
I am going to do my best not to turn the oven on this week. In fact, most of our meals have consisted of raw veggies and a carbohydrate or some form of protein.
I seriously love summer produce so much! We’ve been enjoying berries, peaches, watermelon, corn, zucchini and all kinds of tomatoes!
Delicious Avocado and Tomato Salad
I made this avocado and tomato salad for July 4th and had to make it again for my family. Now don’t confuse this with guacamole. It can be enjoyed with tortilla chips, like guacamole, but this salad would also be a great accompaniment to any grilled meat, a side salad, could even be throw in a taco or quesadilla, or you could literally just eat this by the spoonfuls.
Hope you give this recipe a try and stay cool this week!
Avocado and Tomato Salad
For the dressing:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard depending on how tangy you want the dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the salad:
- 3 to 4 ripe avocados cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 small Persian cucumbers* sliced and cut in half
- corn cooked; I used 2 ears of corn
- fresh basil garnish
- 1 to 2 lemon wedges
- Maldon sea salt flakes optional (it's a finishing salt)
- tortilla chips
- For the dressing: Whisk together all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the avocado cubes, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn in a large bowl. Gently toss together and squeeze a little fresh lemon over the top. Drizzle (start with a little) the dijon vinaigrette over the top and mix again. You might not need all of the dressing. Serve and garnish with fresh basil and sprinkle on some Maldon sea salt flakes (optional). Enjoy with tortilla chips!