I wanted to call this my “fills you up like a meal, yeah I know it’s not pretty but it’s damn tasty” smoothie. But that probably wouldn’t have fared well with SEO.
Truth be told, if I had a choice for what I’d eat or drink in the morning, it would probably not be a smoothie. I mean come on, if I had a choice and the consequences didn’t matter, I’d have pancakes or waffles or eggs every morning, smothered in maple syrup and served with crispy bacon. And my coffee.
But, I’m training and trying to get into shape . . so smoothies it is!!! I don’t dislike them. . I actually like and enjoy smoothies and now that we’re throwing all sorts of things into smoothies, I can get creative.
I did throw an apple in here and left the skin on. . and I probably should have blended it for longer but I didn’t mind it. If seeing the specks of apple skin freak you out, peel your apple or blend blend blend until they are gone.
If you’re looking for some healthy this weekend, give this smoothie a try . . I had this twice this week for breakfast and they’re great!
Spinach Apple and Avocado Smoothie
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 sweet apple such as Honeycrisp; unpeeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup mixture of strawberries and raspberries
- about 8 to 10 ice cubes
- 1 1/4 cups cold unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk beverage
- Blend together the avocado, banana, apple, spinach, almond butter, berries, ice and cold almond milk in a blender until very smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
More healthy “snack” recipes: