Crispy Roasted Chickpeas! So easy to make and so delicious! Super versatile because you can change up the flavoring and packed with protein! Throw these on salads, in tacos, in a rice bowl or just by the handful as a snack!
Ah, the chickpea. . chickpea or garbanzo beans? What do you call them? They are the same thing! I don’t know about you but I love chickpeas. Not only can you make this delicious snack but you can also make hummus. Today, I threw the crispy roasted chickpeas into my salad. I mean just look at these beauties!
Are you a fan?
6 Health Benefits of Chickpeas
Click here to read the full article.
- Packed with nutrients
- Keep you feeling full
- Rich in plant protein
- Inexpensive and easy to add to your diet
- May support blood sugar regulation
- May benefit digestion
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
The beauty of this recipe is that you can change up the seasonings. Play around and try different things! I hope you try it!
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- spices or finely chopped fresh herbs such as chili powder, lemon pepper seasoning, cumin, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, or other favorite spices and herbs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, shaking off as much water as possible. Place them on a towel and pat gently to dry. Place another towel on top, then use your hands to rub the chickpeas so as to remove as many of the chickpea skins as possible. Place the chickpeas into a medium to large sized bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and season with salt and whatever seasonings you are using. I love to season with salt, smoked paprika and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix with your hands until all of the chickpeas are nicely coated.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread them into a single layer. Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes until crispy and dry, shaking the pan every 15 minutes*. Taste, make sure they are the texture you want and enjoy!
*The exact bake time depends on the chickpea brand and your oven, so watch closely in the final minutes, taste test, and remove when the chickpeas are browned but before they become very dark and hard. This roasted chickpeas snack is best eaten the day it is made. No matter how you store them they will not be as crispy the next day. You can try to re-crisp them in the oven or your air fryer if you'd like. Storage: if you have leftover crispy chickpeas: Store in an airtight container out on your countertop or in your pantry, for up to 1 week. Do not store in the fridge.