Gluten Free Chocolate Avocado Bread. That’s right, I said chocolate AND avocado! The creaminess of the avocado perfectly complements the chocolatey sweetness in the bread.
I’m focusing on a new green food today. Avocados! The healthy fat, or “good” fat foods.
Who else loves avocados? If you’re not familiar with all the health benefits of these babies, click here to get the skinny on avocados. Avocados are a super food and are everywhere. . salads, wraps, smoothies. . and baked goods?!
You betcha! I once made avocado brownies and today, gluten free chocolate avocado bread!
I’ve been eating a fair amount of almond butter and avocados lately. They are high in fat, but it’s the good fat and I probably wouldn’t be eating as much if I wasn’t exercising and running so much. So, remember, eat in moderation. I was aiming for healthier with this recipe so cut back on the sugar and used finely ground almond meal. I also used this triple cocoa blend, which is fabulous.
The avocados add a nice creaminess and this bread is so moist and rich! I did add brewed coffee, which seems to be my thing when baking anything with chocolate, and a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (would have used bitter sweet but didn’t have any) so I thought this gluten free chocolate avocado bread was fabulous.
So, why are we having gluten free chocolate avocado bread today?
Well, it’s TAX DAY and I’m finished with my taxes!!! Taxes are over!! Woot woot!!
Eat all the chocolate avocado bread!!!
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup freshly brewed coffee (medium roast)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe, medium avocados, pit removed
- ¼ cup organic light agave nectar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a loaf pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Using a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, coffee and vanilla extract. In a separate large mixing bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using your food processor, pulse together the avocados, agave and brown sugar. Process until the avocado mixture is smooth and pale green. Add in the chocolate mixture and blend/pulse until well combined. Add in the eggs and pulse 3-5 times to incorporate into the mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the chocolate avocado mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing in the chocolate chips as well.
- Carefully pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan (batter will be a little thick) and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Let the bread cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan, slicing and serving.
Gluten Free Chocolate Avocado Bread recipe adapted from CaliforniaAvocado.com