Summer Crostini with Truly Grass Fed butter and cheese! Toasted or grilled bread with aged cheddar cheese, tomatoes, grilled zucchini, grilled peaches and more!
Disclosure: This is a post in partnership with Truly Grass Fed. All opinions are my own.
Did you know June is National Dairy Month? I’m celebrating with some summer themed crostini I made with Truly Grass Fed aged cheddar cheese and butter!
Truly Grass Fed is a premium brand of Irish dairy products sustainably crafted with integrity and care for people, animals and the planet. Truly Grass Fed cheeses and butters are sourced from cows that are 95% grass-fed and are Non-GMO Project Verified, Animal Welfare Approved by A Greener World and free from growth hormones and antibiotics. Their products are minimally processed and taste absolutely delicious.
Truly Grass Fed new spreadable butter spreads easily right from the refrigerator and has no added oils: just two ingredients – cream and salt! Visit www.trulygrassfed.com to check out their store locator to see where you can purchase their products and taste the delicious difference for yourself!
I had the great opportunity of visiting Ireland back in January of 2020. Not only can you see a difference from the butter and cheese that’s made in Ireland but you can also taste a difference.
“The milk for Truly Grass Fed products comes from approximately 3,000 farms located across Ireland’s fertile land. Our farmers share deep bonds with their herds, with sustainability and animal welfare always top of mind. Each farm has an average of one cow for every two acres and is Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW (A Greener World, AWA), an independent nonprofit farm-certification program, which guarantees that animals are raised outdoors on pasture on independent farms their entire lives, using truly sustainable, high welfare farming practices.”
What makes this crostini so delicious? In my opinion, it’s not just the ingredients I am using, the Truly Grass Fed butter and cheese, but it’s also the flavor combinations. Grilled peaches with aged cheddar might not sound like a great mix but it works! Believe me! The creamy texture and bold taste and slight tang and saltiness go excellently with the sweetness and mild smokiness you get from the grilled peaches. The tomatoes and grilled zucchini also are excellent crostini toppings. I hope you try this!
- 1 loaf baguette bread sliced and grilled or toasted
- Truly Grass Fed Naturally Spreadable Salted Butter Tub
- 2 medium sized zucchini sliced into strips lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash sliced into strips lengthwise
- 2 peaches cut in half lengthwise
- Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese sliced
- Truly Grass Fed Natural Aged Cheddar Cheese sliced
- cherry tomatoes
- radishes sliced lengthwise
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- fresh basil
- olive oil extra virgin
- balsamic glaze
- Heat your grill. Spread the Truly Grass Fed Naturally Spreadable Salted Butter onto your bread slices and grill until crisp, only a few minutes per side.
- Lightly drizzle some olive oil over the zucchini, yellow squash and peach halves and grill over medium high heat until tender. Remove from heat and cut into smaller pieces for the crostini.
- To assemble: place all of your grilled bread onto a large serving platter or tray. Spread more butter on some of the crostini pieces. Top those with the raw radish slices and sprinkle on Maldon sea salt flakes.
- For the other bread pieces, top with the Truly Grass Fed cheese slices and then top with the grilled zucchini, yellow squash and peach slices. Top some with the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic glaze and add fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!