Sushi Bake! A rich, savory and creamy deconstructed California roll, layered and baked in a casserole dish! Enjoy with some nori, or by the spoonful!
Friends, I can’t believe this year is coming to an end. I am feeling all the feelings. We were going to be celebrating with friends but now we are going to be staying in, at home and just celebrating with family. Boy, these past couple of years has sure been the years to bond and get closer with your kids, huh?
I am thankful that we were able to see friends and family over Thanksgiving. I am thankful that we are all healthy. I am thankful that we are all vaccinated and that Paul and I are boosted as well.
In 2022, we will just take each day as it comes. I’m not sure yet what to expect but am hopeful for things to get better and that our kids stay in school; well, all kids stay in school and that schools remain open.
I love Asian food. It’s my favorite. I saw this video on TikTok and was inspired to make this sushi bake!! I wanted to try bigger chunks/shreds/pieces of crab and I added cucumbers and diced green onions on at the end. If you are a sushi lover and are looking for something delicious to enjoy with your family, I hope you try this!
- 9 x 13 casserole dish
- 3 to 4 cups cooked white rice cooled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 oz imitation crab meat* shredded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup kewpie mayo
- 1/4 cup furikake + more if desired
- cucumbers julienned and diced
- green onions diced
- avocado slices
- gim or nori
- soy sauce
- Preheat your oven to the broil setting (550 degrees for most ovens). In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice with the rice vinegar, sugar and salt and set aside.
- Using another mixing bowl, mix together the imitation crab meat, cream cheese and kewpie mayo until combined. Using your baking dish, spread the sushi rice mixture evenly into the baking dish and top with the furikake.
- Spread the crab mixture on top of the rice and furikake and place into the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful to watch to ensure it doesn't burn. When it comes out of the oven, allow to cool for a minute or two. Sprinkle on the cucumbers and green onions and serve with avocado slices and nori and some soy sauce if desired. Enjoy immediately!
Leave a Reply