What a whirlwind! I just finished my segment with Bob Evans Farms on Good Morning America! I have to say how much I love going on Good Morning America! The entire team, the producers, Karen, who heads the kitchen, the stylists for the stage, hair and make-up and everyone involved is so great and organized!
I shared some tips and recipes today, here’s the segment in case you missed it! All recipes are linked below!
I did want to share more about my amazing client, Bob Evans Farms, and the whole reason we came together for this segment today!
Thanksgiving is the most beloved food holiday, but all that food prep and planning can be especially tough for those hosting. The more that we try to do it all ourselves, the more we miss out on the things that really matter. Thanksgiving is about spending time with family and friends but the push to have the perfect meal can sometimes overshadow everything. Today, we have a few tips that will save you massive amounts of time in the kitchen and help you pull off the perfect meal!!
- Use Appliances That Will Help Save You Time! Your slow cooker!
- Tip: (Set it and forget it!) You can use your slow cooker in the morning to make side dishes. There are so many recipes where you simply place the ingredients into the slow cooker, set it and that’s it! Cranberry sauce, slow cooker pumpkin bread pudding, STUFFING and one of my favorites- a slow cooker hot apple cider!
- Tip: You’re also using the slow cookers to keep the foods warm too, so no having to re-heat everything right before sitting down to dinner!
- Take Advantage of Refrigerated Sides!
- Not everything you make has to be homemade! You’re making some side dishes, the turkey and the ham!! Save some time and pick up Bob Evans Farms Classic Mashed Potatoes: just pop them in the microwave, and they are ready in just 6 minutes! They are made with real ingredients: potatoes, milk and butter, and are absolutely delicious!
- Make Them Your Own! Customize the mashed potatoes based on what your family likes: mix in an herb compound butter, freshly grated parmesan cheese, fresh chives, or top with crispy bacon bits.
- Bob Evans also makes Sliced Glazed Apples, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Macaroni and Cheese! Everything is delicious! Click here to find a grocery store near you so you can pick these up for Thanksgiving!
- Make Ahead Side Dishes:
- Tip: Most casseroles can be made and assembled a day or 2 in advance, so plan ahead and make them ahead so you have less to do on Thanksgiving Day!
- Tip: Mix up the sides and offer richer sides but also serve some lighter side dishes as well. Your guests and family will appreciate the variety.
- Tip: Save time and buy certain ingredients that are already prepped and ready to use. For example, for the stuffing, just buy the already made bread or cornbread cubes from the grocery store!
Click here for my Lighter Green Bean Casserole recipe!
Disclosure: This was a sponsored partnership with Bob Evans Farms. All opinions are my own.