Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider!! So delicious and festive and so easy to make! Simply place everything into your slow cooker and set on low! Your kitchen will smell amazing!
I wanted to quickly share this recipe with you all so everyone can make this for Thanksgiving and into December. It only requires a handful of ingredients and is so delicious! If you have older kids, have them do this. Everyone will have delicious apple cider to sip on!
- 1 medium orange, sliced (leave rind on)
- 1 medium apple, sliced (leave skin on)
- 1 gallon apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 1 (1½-inch) piece fresh ginger, cut into pieces
- 5 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 4 star anise pods (optional)
- Place orange and apple slices into a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Pour in the apple cider and add in the ginger, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and star anise pods.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook until the flavors meld, 4 hours on LOW. (If there are clumps of spices floating at the top that you wish to remove, strain the cider through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a large pot.) Keep warm and serve in mugs garnished with additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired.