Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Arugula Pesto! One of my favorite snacks or small meals and so easy to make! Be sure to check out the recipe!
It’s the end of March and I am slowly starting to see signs of spring. I say slowly because I live in Wisconsin. . It’s still in the 30s, I’m still wearing a jacket outside and I’m still turning on the oven to roast vegetables.
Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite things to do. It’s so easy, healthy and you can drizzle on some delicious sauces and pesto. I’ll roast veggies for a snack or a light meal . . it’s also a great way for your kids to eat vegetables!
I love the versatility of pesto! You can make pesto with basil, spinach, asparagus, pistachios and arugula (just to name a few)! Be sure to grab my arugula pesto recipe below and make it ASAP. You will love it! You can also slather the arugula pesto on pizza, burgers, sliders and more!
- 1 sweet potato, cut into wedges (skin on)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil or baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1-1½ cups good extra-virgin olive oil + more if needed
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange sweet potato wedges onto a lined baking sheet, spreading them apart so they are not touching. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them.
- While the sweet potato wedges are in the oven, make your pesto!
- Combine the arugula, basil, garlic, pine nuts and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil (I used about a cup) and process until the pesto is thoroughly pureed.
- Add the parmesan cheese and pulse for another minute. You can add the salt into the food processor or you can season later when serving. Up to you! Enjoy with the roasted sweet potato wedges!