Valentine’s Day Truffles! You won’t believe what’s packed into these delicious bite sized truffles! So good and so healthy, you can eat as many as you want! Happy Valentine’s Day!
It’s February 1st! I can hardly believe it!
After this weekend (Super Bowl Sunday), I’ll be all about chocolates, heart shaped everything and Valentine’s Day. I love the holidays even more because of my kids. Picking out their valentines for their friends and classmates, making special treats and I always like to put together a cute package for my girls to enjoy.
Now, I’m a sucker for chocolates. And if they come in a heart shaped box, I love them even more. I tend to get carried away when it comes to chocolates on Valentine’s Day so I wanted to make something delicious, but with ingredients you wouldn’t expect for some Valentine’s Day Truffles.
And when there are festive sprinkles involved, who can say no?
Aren’t the heart shaped ones the cutest?
For those who read my blog regularly, this recipe may seem familiar. I used dates, creamy almond butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and water to create these beauties.
This is now my go-to sweet treat. I keep a handful of these in my fridge so I have something sweet to nibble on whenever the urge hits me.
And since we’re talking dates (hello, fiber and everything good!) and almond butter, you can eat a few of these and not feel bad.
So, go ahead. Indulge. And make some for your friends too! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine's Day Truffles
- 1½ cups of whole pitted dates
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- festive Valentine's day sprinkles
- Pulse the dates in a food processor until paste like and smooth. This will take a few minutes at least. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bring the date paste together. Add the almond butter, cocoa powder, water, vanilla and salt and pulse until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon sized scooper, scoop out the mixture and form balls with your hands. You can also make smaller sized truffles if desired*.
- Roll each truffle in the sprinkles and chill in the refrigerator until set, for at least an hour. Enjoy and store in the fridge.