Creamy Tuscan Chicken! Succulent and flavorful chicken bathed in a creamy, cheesy rich sauce. Enjoy this alone, or with pasta, bread or roasted potatoes.
Buying anything in bulk never used to be my thing. I hated the crowds, the lines and never thought I need a 37-pack of anything. Fast forward to having kids and now- fixing my kids breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our school district is offering all students free lunches for the entire school year. I think there was extra money in the budget that was never spent last year so they did this. Great, right? It is great but in addition to the bus driver shortage, there’s a cafeteria worker shortage. So, the lines are longer because there aren’t enough people to serve and cook and by the time some kids get to line, they run out of food. So, I am now making lunch for both Phoebe and Madeline everyday. I was always making lunches for Madeline but now I’m packing a lunch for Phoebe too. So, now I buy my protein in bulk and freeze whatever I’m not going to use right away.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
We have an abundance of chicken breast and chicken thigh meat and we love chicken. So, I made this for my family one night and they loved it. Enjoy this alone, or with pasta, bread or roasted potatoes.
If you have some cherry tomatoes, you must make this. In fact, I got the idea to add the cherry tomatoes from this, which you should also make if you haven’t already. Sun dried tomatoes would also be heavenly in this recipe.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- kosher salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (12 oz.) container cherry tomatoes
- 3 to 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup heavy cream* see note below
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated + more for garnish
- lemon wedges for serving
- In a skillet over medium high heat, heat your oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (on both sides). Cook until golden brown and no longer pink, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the crispy browned bits. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute. Add the cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Stir in heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce and the parmesan and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, for about 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook until heated through, for about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and more parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
adapted from here