Creamy Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine made with Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. So delicious and easy to make, this is sure to become a family favorite!
Disclosure: This recipe and post are sponsored by Land O Lakes.
October may be my favorite month of the year. The leaves are starting to change colors, the weather is cool and crisp, and you can start to bring out those sweaters, wool socks and extra blankets.
I also love fall comfort food. Casseroles, soups, stews and lots of pasta. There’s something so comforting to me and my family about enjoying a warm, creamy dish of food. Foods that fill our bellies and make us feel satisfied, whole and complete. That’s what comfort food is for me. And enjoying comfort food sitting on the couch, under a warm blanket while watching your favorite TV show is just the best.
Creamy Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine
Pasta is one of our favorite things to eat. We would seriously eat pasta 3 to 4 times a week if we could. This Creamy Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine is one of my absolute favorite meals. It’s creamy, cheesy and oh so delicious! I like to keep my fettuccine meatless but my husband and kids love this pasta dish with a side of rotisserie chicken. Roast a chicken at home or pick one up from the grocery store. Do what works for you.
Land o lakes® butter with olive oil & sea salt
My Creamy Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine starts with two tablespoons of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. If you know me, you know this is a staple in my refrigerator and I love using it when I cook. The ingredients are just sweet cream, olive oil, salt and sea salt. The Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt adds so much flavor to this pasta and, when mixed with the heavy cream and freshly grated Parmesan, is just a dream.
We hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as we do! Enjoy!
Creamy Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt split
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces Cremini mushrooms sliced
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- few handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb. cooked fettuccine reserve 1 cup of pasta water*
- 1/2 to 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- fresh parsley finely chopped for garnish
- Serve with sliced rotisserie chicken optional
- Using a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. After 2 minutes or so, add the onions and sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and mix together for 30 seconds. Add in the sliced mushrooms and toss to combine. Add the remaining tablespoon of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and mix together until the mushrooms have released their liquid and become tender, for about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the heavy cream and turn the heat to high to bring everything to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and bring to a light simmer. Add in the fresh spinach and mix together. Let cook until all of the spinach has cooked down and wilted a bit.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and quickly mix together. Immediately add in all of the cooked pasta and, using tongs, toss together until all of the pasta has been coated with the cream sauce. If you need it to thin out the cream sauce or need more liquid, pour in about ¼ to ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Use more if needed. Otherwise, continue to toss the pasta in the cream sauce until everything comes together. Turn off your heat. Add some more freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- To serve: Portion the fettuccine into pasta bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with rotisserie chicken if desired. Enjoy!