Brownie Date Truffles made with Dole Packaged Foods California Whole Pitted Dates! Packed with fiber, protein and covered with energy boosting superfood goodness, you have to try these!
I just signed up for a half marathon so it’s on. I’m planning my exercise and running schedule and my diet. I went a little overboard during the holidays. . snacking on all sorts of junk and eating way too many holiday cookies.
But I guess that’s what January is for. To get back into shape.
I’m a huge snacker. I love to nibble on things throughout the day so it’s imperative for me to have healthy choices around me and in my kitchen. For me, it’s about always having fresh fruit, nuts, almonds, cashews and sweet treat snacks like these truffles.
These Brownie Date Truffles are pretty amazing. You start by pulsing up your dates. I used Dole California Whole Pitted Dates. I love using these because there’s no pit to remove, they are a great source of fiber, they are naturally sweet and they come in a stay fresh pouch, which I love, and I can easily store these in the fridge.
Each and every Dole fruit and vegetable is 100% natural and can trace its roots back to the brilliant rays of sunshine that took it from a seed in the ground to the delicious products you enjoy today!
You want to pulse until you get a sticky paste that kind of looks like this. You want this consistency because this will help everything to stick together when you add the other ingredients.
Then, you simply add almond butter and unsweetened cocoa and a few other things and pulse everything up again in your food processor and then you shape them into balls.
Next, comes to fun part! You roll these in fun, delicious, superfood toppings like: raw organic cacao nibs, hazelnuts, ground almond flour, coconut flakes, hemp seeds or whatever you want!
The cacao nibs were my fave! I love the taste and the crunch!
Throw them in the fridge for at least an hour and enjoy! Now, with any snack, you also have to consider portion control. I suggest not eating more than 2 of these in one sitting. And if you are consuming these or other energy boosting treats, make sure you are exercising too!
Have a great week you guys!
Brownie Date Truffles
For the truffles:
- 1 1/2 cups of Dole California Whole Pitted Dates
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the toppings:
- raw organic cacao nibs
- coconut flakes
- ground almond flour
- hemp seeds
- dried or ground goji berries
For the truffles:
- Pulse the dates in a food processor until paste like and smooth. This will take a few minutes at least. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bring the date paste together. Add the almond butter, cocoa powder, water, vanilla and salt and pulse until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon sized scooper, scoop out the mixture and form balls with your hands. You can also make smaller sized truffles if desired*.
- Roll each truffle in the desired toppings and chill in the refrigerator until set, for at least an hour. Enjoy and store in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Disclosure: This is a paid sponsored post in partnership with Dole Packaged Foods. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.