Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms! Traditional, peanut buttery blossom crinkle cookies dressed up for the holidays! Drizzle on white or dark chocolate and decorate with festive, holiday sprinkles for fun!
I can hardly believe that Christmas is just one week away! I was feeling really sick last week. Like, I think I had a mild case of the flu. . and for me, someone who literally does not sit down all day, being in bed for a couple of days really set me back.
We had a great weekend with the kids and got out, yes, even during our crazy snow storm we had here in Wisconsin, to watch A Christmas Carol. I absolutely loved the play and I think it’s a great reminder of what this season is all about.
I’ve been so busy and sick, I ran out of time to do holidays cards .. so I just posted the above photo on Facebook and that’s our holiday card this year!
Saturday night more snow came down and Sunday was one of the coldest days we’ve had here so far. I think it was -5 during the day and got down to -10 at night (but felt like -22). Crazy. And to top it off, I felt like I was getting sick again so spent a good part of yesterday sleeping and drinking hot tea.
Good thing I made these cookies last weekend!
And I have to point out this adorable tree I got from Pier One. I love it!
So, let’s talk Peanut Butter Blossoms. These are a must have at any holiday cookie exchange or party because they are so delicious and so easy to make!
And because it’s the holidays, I wanted to dress them appropriately.
Festive sprinkles are always a hit with the kids. . but you can absolutely just bake them and not decorate them at all. Either way, these cookies are delicious!
My daughters have already said that these are the cookies we need to leave out for Santa. I think that statement says it all.
Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter*
- ½ cup granulated sugar + more for rolling
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 24 to 30 Hershey’s Kisses foil removed
- melted white chocolate or dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- holiday sprinkles
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment (or paddle attachment), cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until well blended. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture, mixing thoroughly until combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray, oil or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll cookies in sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and press down very gently (this is optional). Bake until very light brown and puffed, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and lightly press a candy kiss into center of each cookie, allowing it to crack slightly. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and return cookie sheet to oven until light golden brown, only about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool completely and, if decorating, drizzle on melted chocolate and then sprinkle on festive holiday sprinkles. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from the NY Times.