Cauliflower Pesto Toasts! Incredibly easy to make and delicious! Bits of raw cauliflower with olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and more. These toasts are delicious!
Happy Monday, guys! If you follow me on social media, you know I just got back from Miami yesterday. I attended the South Beach Wine and Food Festival with KitchenAid and had an absolute blast. I will be writing all about my trip soon!
This week, I’m here to share one of my favorite recipes! Cauliflower Pesto Toasts! If you’ve never tried cauliflower pesto and you love cauliflower, you have to try this! It’s so incredibly good!
And all you need is a food processor, or in this case, a Mini Food Processor!
I know the pesto isn’t the prettiest thing to look at. . but you guys, this is so delicious! and everything in here is raw. You can sauté this if you’d like before putting this on your little toasts, but I personally love the freshness of this pesto raw.
This is seriously so easy to make! You simply blend everything together and that’s it!
I am actually leaving for Chicago on Friday for the International Home and Housewares Show, where I will be demoing this Mini Food Processor (there are some cool new features), along with two other brand new products for KitchenAid. If you’re in Chicago and there at the show, please stop by the KitchenAid booth and come see me! I’ll be there through Tuesday!
I’ll be making this and these stuffed mushrooms and like 5 to 6 other recipes!!!! If you’re in Chicago, I hope to see you there!
And you’ve got to try this recipe!
Cauliflower Pesto Toasts
- ½ head cauliflower cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 2 to 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1- ounce chunk pecorino-Romano cheese cut into chunks
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon drained capers
- A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes or more as needed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 2½ teaspoons sherry vinegar or more to taste
- Serve with toasted bread or crackers
- Place the cauliflower pieces into your mini food processor and pulse to form a couscous-like texture; remove lid and from base and transfer to a large-sized mixing bowl.
- Place the base back on the mini food processor, add in the almonds or pine nuts, green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, garlic, capers and parsley. Pulse to form a coarse bread-crumb consistency, then, drizzle in a ½ teaspoon of olive oil from the top and pulse one more time. Remove and add the mixture to the cauliflower in the bowl, along with the crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the remaining olive oil, 2 teaspoons of the vinegar and salt. Mix well and taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Serve with toasted bread or crackers. Enjoy!