Fusilli Pasta with spinach tomatoes and mushrooms! Make this quick and delicious, easy weeknight dinner! Your family will love this!
In an effort to clean out the refrigerator and use up a lot of leftover vegetables, I threw this fave pasta dish together. But tonight, I ran out of tomatoes (thought I had more) and my husband suggested tomato paste, so I threw that in, along with more vegetables. . so voila! Fusilli Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms and Tomatoes (Take 2). My husband thinks this one tastes better. I certainly think the tomato paste helps to brighten up the dish. Hope you give this one a try!
Fusilli Pasta with Spinach, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 1 lb Fusilli pasta
- 1/2 to 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup assorted bell peppers chopped
- 1-2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 cups mushrooms cremini or white mushrooms
- Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut all of the vegetables; set aside
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, over medium high heat, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and cook the ground beef.
- After the ground beef is browned and cooked, (feel free to discard any fat; we do) add the chicken stock, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and all of the vegetables. (For the spinach, I literally just throw the entire bag straight in)
- Add the tomato paste, mix and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Gently toss ingredients together until the spinach is wilted and all of the vegetables are cooked through
- Add the pasta and gently toss some more. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and serve! Enjoy!