Need a quick dinner in under 30 minutes and love pizza? Give this one a try!
Yesterday was a little busy: woke up early to get to the lab by 7am for some blood work (just routine stuff; but wanted to go early since you have to fast and you don’t want to be around me if I haven’t had my morning coffee yet), tried a new Gymboree music class with M, worked with P on her phonics (starting with vowels), had two impromptu dance parties, read about 20 different children’s books, played outside with the girls, taught M how to blow bubbles (with this thing from Gymboree, it is very easy for her and the cutest thing ever), cleaned dirt out of her mouth (twice) and convinced her that eating a worm was not a good idea. What’s up with kids and eating dirt? seriously. . anyway, wouldn’t be considered a busy day for some people and certainly wouldn’t call it a stressful day but I wanted to take a nap for the first time this week. 🙂
So, here was my attempt at getting dinner on the table by 6pm so I could go out and meet up with some special women. . I used Boboli whole wheat pizza crust (hey, nothing wrong with that!) for the first time and I thought it was really tasty! Loved the pesto with this crust! What I love about making your own pizza, you can throw just about anything on it and sneak a lot of vegetables under all that cheese! My hubby loved it. I also highly recommend this pizza pan. We’ve had this for over 6 years and use this every time we make pizza.
My deep thoughts for the day: chill, take a step back and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Whole Wheat Pizza with Pesto, Bell Peppers and Portobello Mushrooms
- Boboli whole pizza crust (or whatever you prefer)
- Pesto sauce; see here for ingredients
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Portobello mushrooms
- Bell peppers (any color; yellow and orange are sweeter)
- Parmesan cheese; shredded
- Mozzarella cheese; shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash and chop vegetables
- Make pesto; see directions here
- Assemble pizza! I did it in this order: pesto, pepperonis, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, cheese (both) sprinkled on top. I say- it’s pizza. Go crazy with the cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.