Hey guys! Today I have the pleasure of inviting Linda from Brunch with Joy to my blog! Linda is the sweetest person ever! We had the pleasure of meeting each other in Seattle a few years ago at IFBC and she guest posted here on my blog, before. Linda’s celebrating a blog anniversary today (woot woot!!) and I wanted to help celebrate! Plus, we get this fabulous, freaking delicious Crispy Skinned Salmon with this creamy cashew topping!!! Oh my gawd, I’m in love! Doesn’t this look amazing?!
Take it away, Linda!
Hi everyone! In case you didn’t know me, my name is Linda from Brunch with Joy. I’m so glad to meet Hip Foodie Mom readers today. Thanks to Alice for letting me share one of my favorite recipes here.
It’s no secret that I always daydream about food. You can ask my sister about it. She would first be excited when I share my food cravings with her, but after one hour or less, as I keep changing my cravings and come up with new foods, she gets tired of listening to my food stories. Oh well, I really can’t help it… The other day, I was craving Thai basil but I changed my mind within 30 minutes to noodle soup, and changed to another menu an hour later. However, the picture of this crispy-skinned salmon has stayed in my mind long enough for it to become reality.
I’m a big fan of fish and that is probably the only thing I wouldn’t mind eating everyday, until my last day. Thankfully, the hubbie has no problem eating fish every day. Some days we have steamy sea bass, fried fish with sweet & sour sauce, or even grilled fish with chili sauce on the side. But this time, I wanted something different… something special… something extraordinary… and that’s when I found out about this creamy cashew.
As you know, April is all about grilled cheese and I felt bad for those who are lactose-intolerant. But finally, I have the perfect solution! The creamy cashew is not just good on crispy salmon, but it’s also perfect for dipping. The texture is so creamy that you won’t believe it is actually made out of cashews. This creamy cashew dressing is easy to make and I used my BlendTec to reach the desired creaminess level. You can also add your favorite ingredients, such as onion, garlic, parsley, and so much more.
Creamy cashew is not only good for this crispy-skinned salmon, but it also tastes wonderful for snacking. I’ve been enjoying this with my favorite crackers: pita chips and these potato sticks… it’s so addicting!
Today is also a fun day because Blendtec is here to celebrate my bloggiversary. But not only that… I have my favorite bloggers and dear friends to celebrate my anniversary with this giveaway. (Linda is giving away a blender! Check it out!!) Check out the Creamy Mushroom Soup at Life Made Sweeter and the Raspberry Moscato Slush at Baking A Moment.
- 4 thick salmon steaks, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in 1 cup water, rinse and drained
- ½ tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon, skin side up, on a plate. Drizzle with olive oil. Rub salt into skin.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin side down. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is crispy. Flip and cook, covered for 4 to 5 minutes for medium doneness or until cooked to your liking.
- Blend the cashews and water in a blender to achieve a smooth, creamy texture. Add in the rest of ingredients and mix together, by hand. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Set aside.
- Place a layer of your favorite vegetables and/or salad on to a plate. Place the salmon on top and top with the creamy cashew dressing. Enjoy!
Linda has a fabulous giveaway going on now so be sure to check out her blog, Brunch with Joy!! Thank you Linda!! I love this salmon recipe and can’t wait to try the creamy cashew dressing!!!