We interrupt all the healthy baking to bring you something special today.
Cheesecake. Ah, cheesecake. Creamy, luscious, full of fat, rich, sweet flavor and goodness. There’s nothing like it.
Now, I’ve been really good lately with watching my sweets and healthy eating so you might be wondering why I’m here today with this cheesecake. Well, Mother’s Day is right around the corner and for me, Mother’s Day is included with all the other holidays where I like to indulge a little. I want my muffins, something delicious to eat and, of course, dessert.
I also love baking. It’s like therapy for me. You are creating something. And get to see what happens when you add eggs to cream cheese, lots of cream cheese, and sour cream and sugar etc.
It’s quite magical and beautiful.
Today, my KitchenAid Hand Mixer really did all of the work. I love this thing. This hand mixer is a great alternative if you don’t have a stand mixer, or it’s just simply easier to bring out when you want to mix up something delicious.
Some of my blogging friends and I want to give everyone the chance to bake something this spring so we’ve teamed up with KitchenAid on something special! You can enter to win the same 9-Speed Hand Mixer (as shown above) and this fabulous nonstick 5 -piece bakeware set from KitchenAid. If you follow me on Instagram, EVERY piece of bakeware featured in the last week is from KitchenAid and from this bakeware set. I really LOVE their bakeware. They are really great quality products you guys!
Be sure to visit Baking A Moment, Blahnik Baker and Grandbaby Cakes for more chances to win! We are EACH giving away a spring baking prize pack from KitchenAid so there are FOUR up for grabs! Enter!!!
And you need to try this cheesecake!!!
- 24 Golden Oreo cookie sandwiches, with the filling removed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stems removed and diced
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 24 fresh strawberries, with stems sliced off
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pulse the Oreo cookies and sugar in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of 9 x 3-inch springform pan with removable bottom. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until well combined, for about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Do not overmix. Mix in the vanilla and then add the fresh diced strawberries and, using a rubber spatula, gently fold into the cream cheese mixture by hand. Pour into your prepared crust.
- Set the springform pan on 3 to 4 pieces of wide heavy-duty aluminum foil. I like to ensure that no water will get in. Secure the foil carefully up the sides of the springform pan without tearing it. Make sure no water can get in. Set the pan in a large baking dish or roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up sides of the springform pan.
- Carefully place the roasting pan in your oven. Bake the cheesecake for 60 to 70 minutes at 325°F. Turn off the oven and prop the oven door ajar with the handle of a wooden spoon. Let cool in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Remove carefully from the springform pan.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Continue stirring; mashing the strawberries with a wooden spoon if desired to help produce the syrup. Cook until the sauce thickens, for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool before pouring on top of the cheesecake.
- Pour the cooled strawberry sauce over the top of the cheesecake and top with the cut strawberries. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Inspired by this cheesecake. Recipe adapted from my raspberry cheesecake.
Giveaway open to residents within the United States only. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to respond. Otherwise, a new winner will be randomly selected. Winner generated through the Rafflecopter widget below.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. The giveaway only is sponsored by KitchenAid. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.