Guys, thank the Lord it is Friday. It’s been a crazy busy week over here. In an effort to have next week off, cooking wise, I jam packed this week for all my testing, cooking and photographing. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I loathe doing dishes. . and man, I did so many freaking dishes this week. Next week I plan to catch up on admin stuff, get caught up on blog reading and do all things social media (I have a love hate relationship with social media but that’s for another day). Because. . next weekend is my girls trip to San Francisco and the Napa Valley! I’m going with my sister and my two BFF’s from Dallas. My sisters from another mother. . I’m so excited you guys.
Wineries, here we come!
OK, let’s get to why I’m here today. I hate wasting food. And I usually almost always go crazy when grocery shopping, which means I usually buy more than I need and end up with I-have-so-many-radishes-what-do-I-do-now kind of a thing.
So, I pickled radishes for the first time, among other things. Got the idea from someone when I posted this to Instagram. And needed something fabulous to eat with them. I just pickled them as I did here. I love pickled veggies with Asian foods so immediately thought. . hand rolls!
Because I also had an abundance of micro greens, which I love and think are so pretty.
(Turn your roasted seaweed sheet at an angle and lay your ingredients in.) Typically, you cut the roasted seaweed sheet in half before you use it but I made mine a little differently.
These hand rolls are extremely easy to make. . throw in what you have and mix it up! The wrapping part might be tough but just be gentle and I used my avocado to “seal” them. Dip these in soy sauce with wasabi or try this freaking awesome homemade peanut sauce I made.
Eat fresh today!
OK guys, it’s about to get crazy here on the blog .. the next two weeks are going to be jam packed. I have a ton of exciting things going on and ready to share .. so please stick with me and I apologize in advance for the craziness that is about to ensue. . I will have 8 new posts over the next two weeks. . and there will be four separate awesome giveaways and best of all, some recipes that I’m really proud of and can’t wait to share with you!
Have a great weekend and hope you visit next week!! All the fun starts on Monday!
Avocado Tofu Hand Rolls
For the hand rolls:
- 6 roasted seaweed sheets Yaki Sushi Nori
- 2 large sized carrots peeled and julienned
- 1 English cucumber julienned*
- 1 red bell pepper sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 container tofu cut into long strips and pan-fried
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados sliced into thin pieces
- 1 large package micro greens
- low sodium soy sauce
- pickled ginger
- pickled radishes
- picked carrots
- Working on a clean surface or cutting board, place a roasted seaweed sheet on the board and turn at an angle. You will be laying in all the veggies and tofu down the center from one corner to the other. I did it this way so you can have more ingredients "popping out" at the ends of the rolls for more of a visual effect.
- Lay in all of the ingredients from the carrots to the avocados (don't pack in too much or it will be hard to roll). Top with the micro greens and take the left corner (the corner that is exposed with no ingredients on top) of the roasted seaweed and cover the ingredients, and then roll the hand roll closed to the opposite corner. Seal with some ripe avocado or just a dab of water if needed. Set aside
- Repeat with the remaining roasted seaweed sheets. Once you have all of the rolls, slice in half with a sharp knife, serve and enjoy! Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger and pickled radishes and carrots.
More Delicious Recipes using Radishes!
- Smoky Cucumber Radish and Avocado Salad from Cookin’ Canuck
- Lemony Lentil and Chickpea Salad from Cookie and Kate
- Asparagus and Radishes with Mint from The Kitchn
- Shaved Golden Beet, Carrot and Radish Salad from Gourmande in the Kitchen