Fusilli Pasta with Spinach, Tomatoes and Mushrooms. It’s becoming one of my favorites because it is so pretty!
I don’t know about you, but I love pasta. We eat pasta at least one or twice a week. I love it because it’s so versatile and goes with just about anything. When I was much younger (jr high or high school I think), my fave used to be Fettucine Alfredo, but now I can’t touch the stuff because it’s too heavy. I try to stay away from heavy cream sauces and recently have been experimenting with little or no sauce pasta dishes with more fresh vegetables and some chicken stock. The taste is still great and filling but lighter and doesn’t make you want to take a nap or loosen your belt buckle right after you eat!
And I had to add the ground beef- my husband is a carnivore and squirms when I substitute ground beef with ground turkey. And when I don’t add any meat at all, his response is “how can you have pasta without meat?” WHERE’S THE BEEF HFM?
With or without the ground beef, I HOPE YOU ENJOY!
Fusilli Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms & Tomatoes
- 1 lb Fusilli pasta
- 1/2 to 1 lb. of ground beef or ground turkey
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes add as much as you prefer
- 1-2 cups of mushrooms I love cremini mushrooms
- Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash tomatoes and wash and cut the mushrooms; set aside
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, over medium heat, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and cook the ground beef.
- After the ground beef is browned and cooked, add the chicken stock, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach. (For the spinach, I literally just throw the entire bag straight in)
- Gently toss ingredients together until the spinach is wilted
- Add the pasta and about a tablespoon (or less) of olive oil; toss
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with mozzarella or parmesan cheese and serve! SERVE IMMEDIATELY