I think I’ve mentioned my love for pasta in a few posts . . well, I LOVE desserts even more! Cakes, cookies, desserts with with simple cupcake frosting, doesn’t really matter. When God was giving out sweet tooths, HE gave me two!! 🙂 Now, I don’t go crazy .. everything in moderationright? But when I’m out at a restaurant (which, after having kids, is a lot less frequently), I will always get dessert and when there’s cake at the office or cookies or whatever, I always take one to be polite 😛 Again, I don’t go crazy . . . I just love that FIRST BITE .. and the second. . and the . . . 🙂
My current fave desserts are cupcakes! Cute, easy to eat (I wish I could say less calories but who are we kidding?) and now that we are still in/kinda past? the cupcake craze, they are everywhere and bakers are getting so adventurous with the ingredients, I love it! Cardamom cupcakes? And the cupcakes are so pretty! I’ve always wanted to make my own cupcake recipe with a simple cupcake frosting and attempt to frost/decorate my own cupcakes- so here we are today!
I’m happy to say I finally purchased a stand mixer, decorating bags & tips!
I am on a mission to experiment with different cupcake recipes and different styles/tips so my simple cupcake frosting and decorating can get better! Cupcake Wars here I come- HAHA! yeah right. Anyway, I’m going to PRACTICE! :).
Here is a link to all my other cupcake recipes.
Simple Vanilla Frosting for Cupcakes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter firm but not cold
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp milk* at a time, up to 1/4 to 1/2 cup if needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter and salt on medium speed until light & fluffy (about 2 minutes)
- Reduce the speed to low, gradually add the SIFTED confectioners sugar and beat until incorporated
- Add the vanilla and milk and beat until smooth and creamy
- DO NOT OVERMIX OR THE FROSTING WILL INCORPORATE TOO MUCH AIR; it should be creamy and dense
- *Add additional milk, 1 tsp at a time, if frosting does not have a spreadable consistency