Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Brittle Ice Cream
Well, we leave for our vacation soon so I am knee-deep in packing right now but before I leave, I’m thrilled to be here today to share this fabulous ice cream recipe with you!! Did you know July is National Ice Cream Month?!
I recently made a raspberry cheesecake (that was to die for SO GOOD; I’ll be sharing it on July 30) and fell in love again with cheesecake. Not that I fell out of love with it but I just hadn’t made a cheesecake in a while. There’s an unexpected ingredient in here that made my cheesecake extra creamy and delicious.
Since devouring that cheesecake, I couldn’t get cheesecake out of my head. . plus I had these fabulous strawberries . . so naturally, I had to make ICE CREAM!!!
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Brittle ice cream to be exact.
What’s Brownie Brittle you might be asking? I was introduced to this fabulous product while in Miami for BlogHer Food. These light, crispy, crunchy cookie like snacks are like brownie cookies! You get that rich brownie taste in a cookie crisp! These are deliciously addicting and oh so good! I made ice cream with them but they are just as tasty plain, right out of the bag with a tall glass of milk.
Visit the Brownie Brittle website for this amazing recipe and to learn about all of the other fabulous Brownie Brittle flavors (this ice cream is so good. . it’s my new fave)!! You will love these. Trust me.
Here’s to National Ice Cream Month! Now, go make some ice cream!! I hope you enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 cup cold sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 6 ounces Brownie Brittle, crumbled (I used a mixture of Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chip)
- Prep and freeze your ice cream maker bowl according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using your electric stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, sour cream, lemon juice, strawberry jam and vanilla extract until smooth, scraping down the sides of your mixing bowl as needed.
- Remove your mixing bowl from the stand mixer and using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the fresh strawberries by hand until well incorporated. Cover and seal well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove your ice cream mixture from the refrigerator and pour in the crumbled Brownie Brittle and mix well. Pour this mixture into your very cold ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight, freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Brownie Brittle. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting me in working with brands that I love.