Super Easy Macaroni and Cheese Muffins! Everything you love about macaroni and cheese in muffin form. Cheesy bite sized deliciousness! Hope you give this recipe a try!
My youngest, Madeline, and I love macaroni and cheese. My husband and my oldest, Phoebe, not so much. So, when I make a big batch of macaroni and cheese, we always have leftovers. If I could, I would eat this entire pot of macaroni and cheese all by myself but that wouldn’t be good.
But dang, doesn’t this look so good?! This is my stovetop macaroni and cheese recipe. I’ve made mac and cheese muffins before but the recipe below is more simplified and simply lets you use leftover macaroni and cheese.
I also have a mac and cheese muffin recipe with pork shoulder ragu if you’re looking for something fancy.
I tested these with breadcrumbs and almond flour. The breadcrumbs worked better in my opinion and panko would work great as well.
The next time you make macaroni and cheese, I hope you give this recipe a try! Your kids will love this!
If you make macaroni and cheese just to make these muffins, make sure it has had time to cool. You need to be able to handle it and form and shape into balls.
Simple Macaroni and Cheese Muffins
- ice cream scooper
- muffin tin
- 2 cups fine breadcrumbs*
- pinch salt
- 1/2 lb. Stovetop macaroni and cheese cold
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, grease or spray your muffin tin with baking spray. I find that they are easier to remove if you use cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Season with the salt and mix to combine. Using the ice cream scooper, scoop out some cold macaroni and cheese. You can also form and shape into a ball using your hands. Roll the cold macaroni and cheese ball in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place into the muffin tin. Repeat until all of the cold macaroni and cheese has been used. You can sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of each macaroni and cheese muffin if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with the fresh parsley and enjoy!
great serving idea, I’m sure they’d be okay in the freezer too to have them ready (almost) as a snack, thank you!
Hi Sabrina, yes!! you can freeze them!