Homemade Taco Seasoning! Whip this up for Taco Tuesday and enjoy! So easy to make and tastes better than store bought! I hope you try it!
As my children get older and we settle into a school year routine, I have figured out ways to make my life easier; both in and out of the kitchen. In the kitchen, meal planning helps me tremendously, make ahead meals and prepping as much as I can in advance.
I’ve always picked up a store bought packet of taco seasoning from the grocery store. It’s always been a little too strong and salty for my taste. I have also tried the low sodium one. I’m not knocking buying store bought seasoning at all, and in fact have heard that the one at Trader Joe’s is good (I have yet to try it). But if you have the time, I hope you try this Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Most of the time, homemade is better than store bought .. and you know exactly what’s in it. If you do try this Homemade Taco Seasoning, be sure to let me know what you think!
Try my Cheesy Taco Pasta! Click here.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning Blend for a kick (more if you'd like)
- Mix everything together in a bowl and blend using a fork or whisk. Transfer to a jar with lid or a zip lock bag.