Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta!! Creamy, so flavorful and delicious, easily made in the Instant Pot without pre-cooking the pasta!! Have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
This Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta was created because of my love for tacos and pasta and needing something quick! Guys, I seriously love my Instant Pot so much because it helps me to get dinner on the table faster so I have more time to take care of things around the house and spend time with my kids.
Whether it’s helping them with homework, which by the way is getting harder with my middle schooler (I’m horrible at math) . . watching the latest TikTok videos (uh, so addicting and we like to watch the dance videos) or flipping through a cookbook together to bake something, the Instant Pot saves me!
If you don’t have an instant pot, please let me know what’s holding you back! This recipe is coming to you at just the right time! It’s fall, cooler (rainy) weather is here and we need comfort food. Rich, hearty comfort food.
I’ll admit I was watching Chrissy Teigen’s Instagram stories from the other day when she made chili in her new tagine .. and then made a WALKING TACO. She put some of the chili into a bag of Frito’s and it looked so darn delicious.
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
So, then I thought: Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta with tortilla chips! Why not?! I hope you try this recipe and if you do, let me know how you like it!
For my Homemade Taco Seasoning, click here.
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup assorted bell peppers finely diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning see my homemade taco seasoning above
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of salsa
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 4 cups beef broth low sodium
- 1 cup shredded cheese Mexican, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack or Cheddar*
- tortilla chips
- fresh lime wedges
- sour cream optional if desired
- fresh parsley or cilantro diced
- Turn on Instant Pot and set to "saute" mode. Let heat up and then add the olive oil, onions and bell peppers and mix and cook for a few minutes. Add in the lean ground beef and cook until all browned.
- Turn off your Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and mix and stir together to coat the cooked ground beef. Pour in the salsa, uncooked pasta shells and beef broth. Stir together so that the ground beef mixture is evenly distributed. Make sure all of the pasta is just barely covered by the salsa and broth mixture. Add in a little more beef broth if you need it.
- Place the lid on and lock. Turn on the Instant Pot and set to "Pressure Cook" on high for 4 minutes. When finished, manually release the pressure** and remove the lid. Mix in the shredded cheese until melted and combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream, if desired, and sprinkle on some fresh parsley or cilantro (whatever you prefer) and a little fresh lime juice! Serve and enjoy!
More Instant Pot Recipes