Hey everyone!! We’re on Spring Break and I’m in Dallas with the girls visiting my parents. Do you remember Spring Break as a kid or a teenager? I think I just remember lounging around the house, sleeping in late and hanging out with friends.
Since my parents live in Texas, we try to visit as much as possible so the girls can see their grandparents. Anyway, should be a really fun week!!
Let’s get to these tacos!
You guys . . these tacos are filled with some of my favorite things: swiss chard, asparagus (which I can’t get enough of these days), black beans, farro and more!
And to make these tacos even better, I made an avocado crema . . with a secret ingredient!!!
I love the avocado crema on these tacos!! Adds such a fresh and creamy taste!!! I LOVED these tacos!
This is seriously the easiest meal to throw together and so delicious! You can even make the avocado crema ahead of time and store it in your fridge. And if you have leftover filling, just eat the filling by itself for lunch! I wish I doubled the recipe so I could eat more of the farro filling!
So, click on over to The Kitchenthusiast, where I am sharing my post and this complete recipe! I hope you enjoy!
Vegetarian Farro Soft Tacos
For the avocado crema:
- 1 ripe avocado halved with the pit removed
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt or vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more if needed
For the tacos:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 spears of asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch swiss chard about 4 cups, leaves only; chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 cups cooked farro
- 8 small flour tortillas warmed
- Your choice of salsa: red or salsa verde
- Red bell peppers finely diced
- Tomatoes finely diced (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Avocado crema
For the avocado crema:
- Pulse together the avocado and yogurt in your KitchenAid® Food Processor until smooth. Add in the cilantro, salsa verde, lime juice and cumin and process again for about a minute or so. Season with salt, pulse together again and taste. Adjust any seasonings as needed.
- For the rest of the instructions and for the full recipe card, please visit The Kitchenthusiast.
Click here for the full recipe card and instructions.
And in case you missed it, enter my giveaway for a KitchenAid NESPRESSO MAKER here!!!! Good luck and I hope you enter!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with KitchenAid. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.