Fettuccine Alfredo with Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil!!! So simple and so easy to make! This will quickly become a family favorite for an easy weeknight dinner!
This recipe and post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
It’s September and we’re all about easy and delicious weeknight dinners! I’m not exactly sure when, but my kids have become creamy pasta lovers. The more cheese and deliciousness, the better! We recently went out to eat and instead of ordering spaghetti and meatballs or chicken strips, they both ordered Fettuccine Alfredo.
If you’ve never made homemade Fettuccine Alfredo before, you are in for a treat! It is so incredibly easy to make! This recipe only requires 5 ingredients! Six if you count the pasta cooking water you are saving and using for the recipe. The key to this recipe is the ingredients you use. Use a good quality pasta, grate your own Parmesan cheese and use Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil!
You guys should know my (and my family’s) love for this product by now. This is the only butter product we keep in our refrigerator and I can literally use this for everything! I love using it because it’s made with only three ingredients: sweet cream, canola oil and salt. I hope you try this recipe! It really is so easy to make!
Be sure to watch the video above to see the step-by-step! Enjoy!
- kosher salt just for cooking the pasta
- 12 oz fettuccine
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 1 heaping cup Parmesan cheese finely grated + more for serving
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream optional
- black pepper freshly cracked
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve and set aside 2 cups pasta cooking liquid. Drain the rest.
- Over medium heat, pour 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid into a large skillet. Bring to a gentle simmer, then whisk in the Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, a little at a time, until melted.
- While whisking constantly, gradually add the cheese, making sure it’s completely melted and incorporated before adding more. If adding heavy cream, add in the cream and stir to incorporate. Mix in the cooked pasta and, using tongs, toss to coat, adding more pasta cooking water as needed, until the sauce coats the noodles completely.
- Serve and garnish with more cheese if desired and some freshly cracked pepper! Enjoy!