Fettuccine Alfredo with Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil!!! So simple and so easy to make! This will quickly become a family favorite for an easy weeknight dinner!
This recipe and post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
It’s September and we’re all about easy and delicious weeknight dinners! I’m not exactly sure when, but my kids have become creamy pasta lovers. The more cheese and deliciousness, the better! We recently went out to eat and instead of ordering spaghetti and meatballs or chicken strips, they both ordered Fettuccine Alfredo.
If you’ve never made homemade Fettuccine Alfredo before, you are in for a treat! It is so incredibly easy to make! This recipe only requires 5 ingredients! Six if you count the pasta cooking water you are saving and using for the recipe. The key to this recipe is the ingredients you use. Use a good quality pasta, grate your own Parmesan cheese and use Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil!
You guys should know my (and my family’s) love for this product by now. This is the only butter product we keep in our refrigerator and I can literally use this for everything! I love using it because it’s made with only three ingredients: sweet cream, canola oil and salt. I hope you try this recipe! It really is so easy to make!
Be sure to watch the video above to see the step-by-step! Enjoy!
Try my other recipes using Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil: herb compound butter, my skillet lasagna, macaroni and cheese, or try my chocolate cake! So good!
- kosher salt just for cooking the pasta
- 12 oz fettuccine
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 1 heaping cup Parmesan cheese finely grated + more for serving
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream optional
- black pepper freshly cracked
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve and set aside 2 cups pasta cooking liquid. Drain the rest.
- Over medium heat, pour 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid into a large skillet. Bring to a gentle simmer, then whisk in the Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, a little at a time, until melted.
- While whisking constantly, gradually add the cheese, making sure it’s completely melted and incorporated before adding more. If adding heavy cream, add in the cream and stir to incorporate. Mix in the cooked pasta and, using tongs, toss to coat, adding more pasta cooking water as needed, until the sauce coats the noodles completely.
- Serve and garnish with more cheese if desired and some freshly cracked pepper! Enjoy!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
Fettuccine alfredo is one of our favorite indulgent dishes and you’re reminding me I haven’t made it in a while. Can’t wait to get it on our menu again soon!
Matt Robinson says
The perfect weeknight dinner, so easy and full of flavor!
Can you use regular butter instead? I’m not a fan of canola oil…
Hi Karen! Yes!!
Jennifer J. Harmon says
The knowledge gives by you is not only helpful for me but also for all humans. thank you very much.
will gluten free noodles work for this recipe?
Yes, they should!
marie johson says
Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most basic and delicious pasta recipes EVER.
Fettuccine Alfredo is great! To be honest, I’m not good at cooking but I like them, they give me joy and excitement every time I finish the dishes, which is a great thing. With your recipe, I just need to follow the instructions and the rest is simple. Thanks for sharing