Thanksgiving is this week and although it’s one of the busiest times of the year, it’s also one of my favorites for two reasons. Getting together with my family and the food. In my family, we believe more is more when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner. More to choose from, more to eat and more to enjoy.
Thanksgiving is an all day eating celebration in my family and this means a lot of planning has to happen. The menu, the grocery list, making sure we have everything covered, who’s in charge of what and the assignments. In my family, everyone helps out in some way. And yes, I actually create an excel spreadsheet to keep things organized. Please tell me I’m not the only person who does this?!
Because we always have a pretty hefty spread, I try to be smart about how we cook certain foods; because not everything can go on the stove or in the oven at the same time. See, this is where the spreadsheet helps!
This year, I’m making our mashed potatoes in my new KitchenAid 4-Quart Multi-Cooker. This multi-cooker is amazing. It’s a slow cooker, rice, risotto and soup maker and it can also steam, sear and sauté! It literally is a multi-cooker and the ultimate all-in-one cooking system! There are over 10 settings: risotto, rice, sear, sauté, simmer, soup, yogurt!, boil/steam, slow cooker settings in both high and low, and keep warm settings for up to 24 hours.
The multi-cooker still gives you creamy mashed potatoes but also with a little texture because of the cauliflower, which I love.
So, free up your stove this year and give this slow cooker, multi-cooker mashed potato recipe a try! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
And I’m giving ONE away to ONE lucky reader, so enter the giveaway below!!! You won’t have it in time for Thanksgiving, but this multi-cooker will be your best friend and favorite countertop appliance for the winter and upcoming holiday season!
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower + A Giveaway!
- 3 to 4 pounds Russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- ½ small head of cauliflower or about 2 cups chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ to 1 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 stick ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- finely diced parsley for garnish
- Place the cauliflower and potatoes into your KitchenAid® 4-Quart Multi-Cooker or slow cooker. Pour in the heavy cream, milk, and season with garlic, salt and pepper. Next, sprinkle the butter cubes evenly over the top.
- Cover with the lid and set the Multi-Cooker to the “high” slow cooker setting for about 5 hours. After about 4 hours, remove the lid and, using a potato masher, mash the potatoes and cauliflower chunks. Everything will mash together very easily. Mix, taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed and cover with the lid again.
- When the mashed potatoes are ready, change the setting to “keep warm” until ready to serve. Garnish with a little parsley when the mashed potatoes are in the serving dish. Enjoy and serve with some butter if desired.
For the complete recipe, please visit The Kitchenthusiast.com. Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower + A Giveaway!
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower + A Giveaway! Open to residents within the United States only
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with KitchenAid USA. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting me in working with the brands and products that I use and love.