Honey Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket!!! So good and SO EASY to make! These are perfect for a party or game day!
Bowls of chips, dip, salsa, nachos, chicken wings. . burgers, dogs, sliders. . I absolutely love game day food. Whoever decided that people should get together, stuff their faces, yell, scream and watch football together is brilliant.
And if the Broncos win, it’s guaranteed that my husband will be happy and in a good mood for the rest of the day. I could even ask him to do that thing I have I’ve been asking him to do since we moved in. That thing that involves finding my arm weights and extra pair of sneakers that are buried in a box somewhere, under several other boxes, in our freezing garage.
Hell, if the Broncos win, I might even be able to talk him into TWO girls only weekend trips.
So, even though I’m rooting for the Seattle Seahawks . . (Seattle, our previous home. The city I love so dearly) . . if the Broncos win, I win too. And if you make these Honey- Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket, you will win too.
Yes, this is the second Honey-Sriracha recipe on my blog within a week. I love this flavor combination. . and you can easily make some non-spicy ones for the kiddos. My kids absolutely love these so that’s why they are making an appearance on Super Bowl Sunday.
Game day is probably the only time I will allow my husband and kids to eat as many Beef Little Smokies as they desire. . this recipe is super simple and quick and you can even make the honey sriracha sauce the day before and refrigerate it so on game day, all you need to do is assemble and bake.
It’s that simple.
Make your honey sriracha sauce. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Unroll the Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, separate into triangles and cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
Place all of your sausages in the honey sriracha sauce and toss well to coat. Place sausage on the dough triangle and roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
My 5 year old helped me with these. They don’t have to look perfect.
Bake and enjoy!
Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket
For the honey-sriracha glaze:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ heaping cup Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes optional
For the pigs in a blanket:
- 2 cans 8 oz each Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 48 cocktail-size smoked link sausages or hot dogs from two 14-oz packages
For the honey sriracha glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute. Stir in the honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice and red chili pepper flakes. Bring to a slight boil and let simmer until slightly thickened, for about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Place all of your sausages in the honey sriracha sauce and toss well to coat. Place a sausage on each dough triangle and roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Enjoy with ketchup, mustard, or other dipping sauces and condiments if desired.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.
It’s the big day! It’s all game day food and all delicious so be sure to check everything out!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Western-Style Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- “Chorizo” and Black Bean Vegetarian Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Cheesecake Squares with a Biscoff Crust from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter today! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.