I’ll admit it.
For a long time now I have been obsessed with the Pumpkin bread box mix from Trader Joe’s. So much so that I would try a homemade pumpkin bread recipe, trash it, and then go back to this box mix.
I love Food52. The recipes are amazing, the photography beautiful and they have a pretty fabulous online community. So when I saw this post from Giulia Melucci titled, “The Pumpkin Bread I Can’t Stop Eating”, I had to give it a go.
I changed a few things from the recipe. . used apple sauce instead of chopped apples and used pecans instead of walnuts since I had half a bag leftover from this. I also did not have whole wheat flour so used 100% all-purpose flour here but you’d better believe I am making this again. This time, with whole wheat flour. So, don’t take my word for it. Try Giulia’s recipe yourself. It’s pretty damn good.
I loved the color of my pumpkin bread batter. So pretty. Pop it in the oven for about an hour and 20 minutes and enjoy!
RECIPE IS HERE on Food52.com.
I really really love baking. . but baking with friends makes it so much more worthwhile. This month, the theme for Twelve Loaves was “Keep it simple” so please make sure you check out the other fabulous simple bread recipes down below.
I’m not completely sure what 2014 has in store for me and my little blog, but you’d better believe I will be baking with this fabulous group of ladies. Thank you so much for following along!
Cheers to 2014!!!
- Broiled White Free-Form Loaf by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Buttermilk Honey Bread by Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Country Boule with Spelt and Sourdough by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Crumpets by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- No Knead Bread from Holly at A Baker’s House
- No-Knead Christmas Pudding Cinnamon Rolls by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Pumpkin Bread by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Soda Bread by Rossella at Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Sour Cream Drop Biscuits by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Sweet Potato Fry Bread by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Victorian Milk Bread by Deepti at Bakingyummies
- Whole Wheat and Molasses Quick Bread by Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
#TwelveLoaves-Keep it Simple!
We enjoyed a delicious month of December with our Holiday Breads. January #TwelveLoaves is here and we are going to Keep it Simple! Choose a recipe that is not overly complicated, whether in technique or ingredients and then share your January Holiday Bread (yeast or quick bread). Let’s get baking!
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this January 1, 2014, and posted on your blog by January 31, 2014.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess. #TwelveLoaves runs so smoothly thanks to the help of the lovely Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes and Renee from Magnolia Days.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…