Here’s a crepes recipe that will leave your family asking for more. And topped with fresh berries, fruit, whipped cream and melted nutella. . whoa, hold me back!
Things I’ve learned from making crepes:
- Make sure your batter is not lumpy. You want this as smooth as possible for the crepes.
- I have found that a medium sized non-stick pan has worked the best for me. If you use a larger one, you’ll need more than 3 tablespoons of batter for one crepe. Just experiment and see.
- When tilting the pan to get the batter evenly coating the pan, you must do this quickly. I’ve found that the first crepe I make always turns out the best. For the ones you make after that, you can turn down the heat; just make sure you do everything quickly because the pan is hotter and the batter will stick more when trying to coat the pan evenly.
- I have not mastered the art of making more than a few nice looking crepes. If anyone out there has any tips, please share!
If you’re really in a hurry, they sell already made crepes at most grocery stores so now, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be enjoying these every weekend!
I hope you enjoy!
Crepes with Fresh Strawberries, Peaches and Nutella
Crepes with Fresh Strawberries and Nutella
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Whatever you want
- Assortment of fresh berries strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
- Whipped Cream
- Nutella melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, whisking to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth and try to get out all of the lumps.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or medium sized frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 3 tablespoons of batter for each crepe. Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. You must do this quickly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- Fill your crepe with yogurt, ice cream or whipped cream (or simply fold them with nothing inside) and fold or roll.
- Top with fresh berries, whipped cream and drizzle with melted Nutella. Serve warm.