So, obviously I have my own blog and I really enjoy reading others and am discovering new ones everyday. . I love that people seem to be really passionate and excited about what they are doing and photographing and we are all able to share experiences, our stories, our passions, food, recipes, advice etc. . I think technology today, social media and the internet have really enabled people to be more creative and I love it!
I came across Mrs. Buena Vida’s blog and this recipe, and after I saw the food photos, I knew I had to try this recipe! This recipe is all hers. . I just added some yellow bell peppers to add some color! THIS RECIPE IS A MUST TRY. It is super simple and IS DELICIOUS. As you make this basil vinaigrette dressing more and more, you will know exactly what proportions of all the ingredients you will need according to your taste!
Hope you enjoy!
Chunky Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
INGREDIENTS FOR Salad
- 1 medium to large sized avocado, chopped in chunks
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, diced (or grape tomatoes quartered)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup greens (kale, arugula, romaine or spinach), chopped (I used spinach)
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic, optional but recommended (or crushed garlic)
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar (or any wine vinegar); I used brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
Wash and chop all of your vegetables and set aside in a large bowl. You can even rinse and throw the garbanzo beans in too.
In a mini food processor, run the garlic through. Except for the basil, pulse the remaining dressing ingredients until emulsified (kind of creamy looking). Then, add the basil and pulse a few times leaving the basil a little chunky.
Lightly toss the veggies with the dressing, salt and pepper (to taste) and enjoy!