There are some weeknights where I am exhausted and don’t want to spend a lot of time on dinner. I love meals where you can prep vegetables a day ahead of time and then when dinner time comes around, everything is quick and easy. That’s where these fabulous new skillet sauces from McCormick come in. They are seriously delicious and I love that they have so much flavor.
My family and I love sesame chicken and sometimes you just get bored of serving it with rice, or in this case, sometimes you’re watching the carb in-take and want to go for something a little healthier. Enter my whole wheat tortillas and lots of fresh vegetables, which I cut and prepped the night before.
These wraps are super quick and easy to make! And I love that you get so much flavor from the chicken and freshness from the vegetables. So, the next time you’re at the grocery store, you need to look for these new skillet sauces from McCormick! They are a new range of recipe sauces packed full of flavor that help you create a delicious, home cooked meal in no time at all!
There are seven flavors in all: Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic and Lime, Fire Roasted Garlic Chili, Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry, Sicilian Chicken with Tomato and Basil, Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken, Sweet and Smoky Sloppy Joes and Taco with Chipotle and Garlic. McCormick has basically covered most of my family’s favorite meals. So far, we’ve tried five skillet sauces and love them all!
Click here to visit McCormick’s website to learn more about Skillet Sauces or click here to follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners board on Pinterest! You can also follow McCormick on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 package McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry skillet sauce
- roasted sesame seeds
- 4 to 5 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 2 to 3 cups fresh green leaf lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- sriracha sauce for serving, optional
- Using a skillet or saute pan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. After a minute or so, add in the onions and the chicken and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the McCormick's Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry skillet sauce and mix well so that the chicken and onions get coated nicely. Reduce the heat to medium and let cook or another minute or so, or until heated through. Sprinkle on some roasted sesame seeds and remove from the heat.
- To assemble your wraps: Grab a whole wheat tortilla and top with the sesame chicken and onions, then add on some fresh lettuce, tomatoes and bell peppers. Drizzle with some of the sesame chicken skillet sauce from your pan if desired or some sriracha sauce for a kick. Wrap and enjoy!
We’ve got some great and delicious #WeekdaySupper Meals using McCormick Skillet Sauces for this week so be sure to check back later in the week so you can check out the other fabulous recipes!
Monday – Spicy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Tuesday – Sesame Chicken Wraps by Hip Foodie Mom- That’s me!!
Wednesday – Sicilian Spaghetti Squash with Vegetables by Ruffles & Truffles
Thursday – Sloppy Joe and Biscuits Casserole by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Friday – Fire Roasted Garlic Beef & Quinoa Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.